Help: 2007 Rx 350 Right Hand Side Headlight Problem

Hi guys, my rx350's right hand side headlight recently has a sealing problem: moisture get in while the car is in motion, and disappear gradually after the car is parked.

The dealer quotes me $1300 to replace the whole headlight, labour included. They said that's the only way to do it. Does anyone know if there is an easy way to fix it? Or cheap way to do it?

Thanks heaps!!!!!!

I've seen this problem mentioned many times on the American Lexus forum. It's apparently a known problem. Your car wouldn't be too far out of warranty - I suggest a nice letter to Lexus Australia.

If you scan Club Lexus you might find a cheaper or DIY fix.

I've seen this problem mentioned many times on the American Lexus forum. It's apparently a known problem. Your car wouldn't be too far out of warranty - I suggest a nice letter to Lexus Australia.

If you scan Club Lexus you might find a cheaper or DIY fix.

Thanks Paul, my car's warranty expired in Feb this year and hasn't been extended. So the Lexus Perth says that they will give me a 50% discount, which comes down to $1300 for the replacement of the whole thing including labour. I just don't think this is the cheapest way to fix the problem, this is typical money grab from the dealer.

• 3 months later...