Hi Guys,

considering selling is350 Fsport 2011 ( purchased on March 2011 ) about 36000kms. My plan to sell around March 2013

should I go private or trade in ? what price i might get ?

cheers

I also have a 2011 IS350 F Sport with 22,500kms bought new in September 2011 and is in absolute as new condition.

Recently bought a new Mazda BT50 dual cab and was offered $46,000 trade in for the IS. That was the best price they could get from a wholesaler after 2 weeks of ringing around. The actual dealer I dealt with wasn't interested in trading it/trying to sell it.

Refused the offer and bought the Mazda with no trade.

Have advertised the IS on carsales for 2 weeks and not a cracker at $56,500 so today put it up for the 3 Day Dealer Offer option to see if any dealers offer me anything for it.

Had one offer this afternoon for $15,000 but suspect that was a piss-take.

After the 3 day period it will go back on carsales (if there's no decent offers) for $54,500ono in the hope I can get $50k+ for it.

Can I ask why you're selling?

I also have a 2011 IS350 F Sport with 22,500kms bought new in September 2011 and is in absolute as new condition.

Recently bought a new Mazda BT50 dual cab and was offered $46,000 trade in for the IS. That was the best price they could get from a wholesaler after 2 weeks of ringing around. The actual dealer I dealt with wasn't interested in trading it/trying to sell it.

Have advertised the IS on carsales for 2 weeks and not a cracker at $56,500 so today put it up for the 3 Day Dealer Offer option to see if any dealers offer me anything for it.

After the 3 day period it will go back on carsales (if there's no decent offers) for $54,500ono in the hope I can get $50k+ for it.

mehhh 46k for trade in. I guess thats the convenient when it comes to trade in. I was expecting around $50k+ something.

Reason for selling: my wife is pregnant, and expecting around August 2013. IS wont be suitable car for baby ( rear middle seat way to small ).

Will be getting ML63 2013

cheers

Wouldn't be helping the cause, that's for sure. It's obviously a limited market down here for these sorts of cars.

I'll likely buy a new IS when they arrive next year (whenever that may be) so will always have the option of trading then anyway. I'm just testing the waters to see if I can off load it for a better price in the mean time. Hopefully when it comes down to it mid-2013 I'll still be able to fetch $45k+ for it.

Being a Sunday car now it won't be getting that many kms put on it between now and then either which should work a little in my favour hopefully.

mehhh 46k for trade in. I guess thats the convenient when it comes to trade in. I was expecting around $50k+ something.

Reason for selling: my wife is pregnant, and expecting around August 2013. IS wont be suitable car for baby ( rear middle seat way to small ).

cheers

why do you need to put the baby seat at the rear middle seat? i put mine on the rear left. i haven't had any problem at all

oh but its a nice upgrade tho (ML63) :)

cheers

why do you need to put the baby seat at the rear middle seat? i put mine on the rear left. i haven't had any problem at all

oh but its a nice upgrade tho (ML63) :)

it's a huge upgrade to ML63 =p

• 2 months later...

just joined and looking at getting a F sport

but will need to trade in my car

saw a couple on Lexus of Brighton but they require a look at my car before they can give a value to talk business.

does anyone have dealings with them?

Wouldn't be helping the cause, that's for sure. It's obviously a limited market down here for these sorts of cars.

I'll likely buy a new IS when they arrive next year (whenever that may be) so will always have the option of trading then anyway. I'm just testing the waters to see if I can off load it for a better price in the mean time. Hopefully when it comes down to it mid-2013 I'll still be able to fetch $45k+ for it.

Being a Sunday car now it won't be getting that many kms put on it between now and then either which should work a little in my favour hopefully.

I am new to the forum,and looking at purchasing an IS350 F, I could be interested in your IS. What colour is your car and what are the current KM's,

Thanks Andrue