Hey guys.

thinking of getting a flyaudio unit for my 08 is250.

Ive read good reviews on them and they look fairly easy to install. Just wondering if any of you have any first hand experience with these units? whats the sound quality like? and the general quality of the unit like?

thanks in advanced =)

Hey guys.

Ive read good reviews on them and they look fairly easy to install. Just wondering if any of you have any first hand experience with these units? whats the sound quality like? and the general quality of the unit like?

thanks in advanced =)

theres a few guys who come to the regular meets who i believe have them installed

Hey guys.

thanks in advanced =)

theres a few guys who come to the regular meets who i believe have them installed

hopefully they reply to this thread! :D

au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/9113-flyaudio/page__hl__flyaudio

au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/9053-gps-and-rear-tv-for-prestigewhat-do-you-think/page__st__30

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/480818-flyaudio-install-instructions-56k-beware.html

heres an insturction of how to install into the car

chris can you confirm?

some of the boys in the states are now running OEM cameras with their fly audio

it's just the matter for plug and play and cutting out the holes for the oem camera

http://www.clublexus...56k-beware.html

heres an insturction of how to install into the car

chris can you confirm?

some of the boys in the states are now running OEM cameras with their fly audio

it's just the matter for plug and play and cutting out the holes for the oem camera

That guide is explaining how to install the camera they give you Running cable through license plate globe hole. Not oem Camera. The oem camera and the fly audio out put are actually different.

Oem camera has 4 wires. Fly only puts out two. I had to install a relay also for some reason. Anyway, the prestige boot lid does not have cutouts nor room to even acces to make cut outs and mount it. Prestige with nav upgrade from factory means you get a different boot lid also. I had to make a custom bracket to install the camera they gave me and i drilled a hole through the boot lid for the camera?

I bought an oem camera for 150 bucks if anyone wants to have a go With a signal converter they can buy it off me For 100. I dont need it now.

hence the space in between my post

u do not need a new boot

the boot comes apart in 2 pieces

all u have to do is cut the hole from behind

and cut another hole at the garnish

also that wiring post shows how they installed the reverse camera using exisitng wires that are on the car not plugged up

judging by them splicing the wiries to run the FA reverse camera

it is safe to judge that oem camera is useable

id say we try it on yours

Dude. They ran the camera cables from the tail lamp plug and spliced it. As did i. Niether car has wires just siting there waiting. If it did i would have used them and found out how to remove garnish.

But even if the garnish was removed they havent used oem camera they have used the same one as me because fly audio only has the rca type input (2 wire) and not the 4 wire type oem uses.

• 2 months later...

I'd asked Chatswood Lexus about the flyaudio system and they reckon the GPS functionality has issues, there are large delays in updates.

Have you guys experienced anything like this?

whats the sound quality like on the fly audio, anything close to ml oem?

I have the fly audio and have also compared it to the ML and honestly the quality between them is minimal if any.

The GPS has no issues at all im running tomtom and ironfist is running garmin, no dramas at all between either.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys,

thinking of purchasing a Fly Audio system.

Just wanted to know if it supports Bluetooth audio playback?

Also, there are quite a few sellers on ebay advertising them for <$1,000. Are these knock-offs? (ironic)

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

thinking of purchasing a Fly Audio system.

Just wanted to know if it supports Bluetooth audio playback?

Also, there are quite a few sellers on ebay advertising them for <$1,000. Are these knock-offs? (ironic)

Thanks!

looking to buy one as well. could you link?

thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, I've got a FlyAudio unit installed. I had it installed when I bought the car. There's no bluetooth audio playback with my unit, only for phonecalls. Easy interface looks OEM in every way, some ups and downs but I guess that's with every unit. Major annoying thing is there's no clock on the unit, only on the screen if that makes sense. I'd still happily swap my FlyAudio unit with an OEM Navi any day though.. that's just me though haha :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I am looking into buying a Fly Audio GPS set for my 07 IS 250, however, I don't like the pre-installed GPS software, is there anyway I can replace it with some other software?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent

Hi all,

I am looking into buying a Fly Audio GPS set for my 07 IS 250, however, I don't like the pre-installed GPS software, is there anyway I can replace it with some other software?

Thanks in advance.

Vincent

On the Roadrover versions it's just running Windows CE with software running on SD card so it's easy to change GPS software

Thanks Droth.

I have read somewhere online that there's a difference for 06-08 and 09-12 IS 250s. The air vent doesn't fit well for the older version of IS. is it true that the version 2 fly audio navigation would not fit as good?