Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you who have been brave enough to take your lexus to a non dealer to get it serviced.. what has your experience been and would you recommend Ultratune/ABS or any other place to service your lexus. I read that the is250's are pretty straight forward and with regular oil filter changes/oil change there is nothing else major that needs to be done.

thanks in advance!! sorry if the topics already been covered... i have searched a few and reaslied that lexus blackburn in melb is probably the best dealer to go to.

Hey guys,

Wondering if any of you who have been brave enough to take your lexus to a non dealer to get it serviced.. what has your experience been and would you recommend Ultratune/ABS or any other place to service your lexus. I read that the is250's are pretty straight forward and with regular oil filter changes/oil change there is nothing else major that needs to be done.

thanks in advance!! sorry if the topics already been covered... i have searched a few and reaslied that lexus blackburn in melb is probably the best dealer to go to.

not sure about others but mine goes to a mate so no dramas there. it's all pretty straight forward from that i've been told but unless i knew/trusted the person sericing my car i wouldnt bother witht he hassle of going outisde lexus.

hear some of the boys save some coin by taking it to a toyota dealdership.

Your paying for the embedded Lexus stamp in your service book.... But if you dont know the non-lexus mechanic very well (I've heard too many shocking stories about places like K-mart, Ultratune etc - e.g. not replacing the oil filter, didn't tighten the sump plug etc), I would stick to Lexus dealership so at least the car has been serviced properly with what's required and parts..

I heard you can shop around between the Lexus dealers as well, so you could always give that a ago as well... I had my 52K service a few months ago and was slugged $500, the next one 64K is going to be around $750....

Your paying for the embedded Lexus stamp in your service book.... But if you dont know the non-lexus mechanic very well (I've heard too many shocking stories about places like K-mart, Ultratune etc - e.g. not replacing the oil filter, didn't tighten the sump plug etc), I would stick to Lexus dealership so at least the car has been serviced properly with what's required and parts..

I heard you can shop around between the Lexus dealers as well, so you could always give that a ago as well... I had my 52K service a few months ago and was slugged $500, the next one 64K is going to be around $750....

Thats true. The stamp does increase resale values. I personally wouldn't buy a lexus if it wasnt serviced at one.

blackburn lexus my best bet? I've read bad things about brighton lexus

Thats true. The stamp does increase resale values. I personally wouldn't buy a lexus if it wasnt serviced at one.

blackburn lexus my best bet? I've read bad things about brighton lexus

Same.. one of the first thing I checked. I had a few missing stamps but had the dealer call up and fax through the the records. Took mine to Melbourne City (I work in the city) and they backdated all the stamps for me.

Lexus 'recondmends' that the car is serviced every 12 months or 15K, which ever comes first. I picked up my car with 48K on the clock but the car had been serviced up to 75K. So I've only had minor servicing done until I hit the 75K mark...

Even though its done 3K, its been a while since it had a service (degraded oil etc). If your pretty good with cars, you can just do a oil change by yourself or Lexus should be able to do a minor service for you. They will also check over the whole car for you to make sure its in good condition (body work, engine diagnostics etc) since you've just bought it...

Lexus 'recondmends' that the car is serviced every 12 months or 15K, which ever comes first. I picked up my car with 48K on the clock but the car had been serviced up to 75K. So I've only had minor servicing done until I hit the 75K mark...

Even though its done 3K, its been a while since it had a service (degraded oil etc). If your pretty good with cars, you can just do a oil change by yourself or Lexus should be able to do a minor service for you. They will also check over the whole car for you to make sure its in good condition (body work, engine diagnostics etc) since you've just bought it...

Awesome

thanks for the input Quoc. Will most likely go to Lexus Melbourne... =)