Transmission Fault

RecursiveLoop

The Borla I had was only an axle back to get a good comparison you really need to hear a Borla Catback.

JoeZ wasn't to loud in fact it sounded great, I just couldn't cope with the in cabin drone as I'm in car all day talking on phone.

My Borla catback had some drone when I first got it. I'm very sensitive to it and that's why I didn't go with a louder setup like JoeZ or ISS.

I sent an email to Borla who sent me some venturis for free. Basically they work by creating a slight constriction just before the mufflers. Butt dyno says no difference in performance. The drone has gone down to negligible levels, so I'm happy :-)

It seems like keeping the stock mufflers are key to eliminating drone. If you want to see a creative way of eliminating drone but keeping your aftermarket exhaust, see what this guy did: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/602047-this-is-how-i-got-rid-of-the-drone-on-my-joe-z-exhuast.html Very good setup because he can swap them out as needed.

Can we get together guys for a short meet, any suggestions?

We have Mt Ommaney, Newmarket and Manly. How about at Lexus Indooroopilly, we can grab a coffee.

Anyone? or anywhere else.