Hi ilv1004s,

25k+ will get your a very clean 2006 model IS250

any below unless its a genuine sale you would expect some dodgyness

Thanks for the advice. So I guess it might be possible to find a 2005 model (just a Prestige) in the low 20s if I were lucky, but you reckon generally I should expect something to be dodgy such as for those I have seen?

Rossv,

The 2005 model you've linked to sounded good to me - if you're new to Lexuses, it might be worthwhile taking along a friend who has some knowledge of them when you check out the car - could save you heaps of heartache later on !!!

heres a run down

below 20

very high kms'

usually no EMV pack (sunroof nav etc)

condition *BLEEP* to average

20-25 around 60-70K kms on a non emv 2005-2007

or high kms 100k km+ on EMV equipped cars

25-30 average price for decent kms EMV pack cars or 80-90K+ Sports luxury 250

you really want a sports luxury not a presteige

end of the day an EMV car might be the same as a sports luxury, but when you break them down and have a look at each eqipment of the cars the sports luxury is worth the extra few grand

Agreed with Subby. Do your research on some of the known issues with each particular model so you can keep an eye out for them when you take them for a test drive.

I got ripped off when I was about to purchase a 2008 IS250 Sports Luxury - the car looked too perfect for the price... did my checks and came back it was written off, flood damaged etc (lost $200 deposit) but better than losing $30K

I was lucky to find my IS250X.. while the exterior needed some care (all fixed after a proper 3 stage polish & opticoat paint protection), the car was well looked after by the previous owner (servicing on time - every 12 months not km's, no accidents etc)

Another thing to take into consideration is Lexus servicing (thats if your going to keep on getting it serviced by Lexus). I heard the 90K service is approx $1500K+

Thanks for the advice gents. I guess I'll have a think about whether I can stretch the budget into sports luxury territory, I admit that they're much nicer. In any case it will be 20k minimum, I might miss out on EMV although I realise its a really nice feature (but my budget is tight and I've always wanted an IS250).

I reckon I'll make use of those mobile vehicle inspection services before I buy anything, costs about $240 but probably worth it to uncover any issues that I might miss and save myself a lot of hassle down the track. Let the search continue.. :)

Thanks again for the advice everyone, I stretched my budget a little, found a decent vehicle and now I've joined the "owners club"!

Very excited to own my first ever Lexus (first real car too). Ended up with a Sports model, that had the sat nav/BT/ML/Reverse camera/Moonroof options in it, so can't complain.