Hey guys,

unsure as to where I need to be posting this thread, so do bump me in the right direction.

So at the start of this year I decided to upgrade from my first car, a Mitsubishi Magna. Had my mind set on my IS250 Sports Luxury, with under 100,000km's on the clock, and a full Lexus service history (including the big 90K one).

Since having owned the car for a few months now I have noticed:

- Sunroof creaks.

- subwoofer has developed an unbearable rattle.

- rattling from drivers door trim.

- ratting from drivers grab handle. Haven't been able to isolate the problem, though.

- centre speaker rattle. Seems to disappear upon firmly pressing down, but then returns shortly after?

- rattling/knocking noise upon start up. Has clean, full synthetic engine oil...

- rotten egg smell emitted from exhaust. Seems to make its way through the air conditioning system at traffic lights unless A/C is set to recycle.

Not sure if I am being too critical... But seeing as my old car had absolutely no problems whatsoever, I am a little concerned of what I have bought here... And starting to regret it!

In regards to the rotten egg smell, its not really a 'problem' so to speak. Just excess sulphur that you are smelling when you give the throttle a bit of stick. Easy cure would be the invidia mid-pipe which a few blokes on the forum picked up from the group buy.

The start up rattle may be the known issue with the vvti controller which Lexus are aware of. How long have you had the car? did you buy it from a Lexus dealership? If so, they may fix under your purchase warranty.

Many of the rattles you have are also well documented which often can be cured with a can of silicon spray to moisten the sunroof and door seals.

The sulphur smell is common to many cars, Toyota appear to be particularly prone to it.

Hi MYISSL

Some of these sound like well known and experienced problems. I have had the last 3 issues on my SL (all in my first year of ownership). Some comments below:

- centre speaker rattle. Seems to disappear upon firmly pressing down, but then returns shortly after?

This is most likely not the speaker at all but rather the dashboard and clips, which is why applying some pressure to it stops the creaking. I had to switch Lexus dealers because they wouldn't even discuss my options with me stating that Lexus don't cover creaks and rattles inside the cabin after X kms. Fixing this involves taking the whole dash off and putting it back on with revised clips and takes a while. The trouble is once you hear the rattle (my wife couldn't), it starts to really annoy you and you'll want it fixed. It took a whole day for Lexus to fix this.

- rattling/knocking noise upon start up. Has clean, full synthetic engine oil...

Search a bit more and you'll find some good explanations for what this could be. Mine did it more often when it was cold and I also got this fixed under the extended warranty. Something about "cam gears"?? There is a fair bit involved with this fix from what I understand so it will take a full day.

- rotten egg smell emitted from exhaust. Seems to make its way through the air conditioning system at traffic lights unless A/C is set to recycle.

Didn't fix this, just got used to it. Perhaps one day I'll install some after market mid pipes.

Good luck with your creaks, once you fix one you'll notice the next one and so on.