Insurance Costs For Isf.

Pantelis K

I got quoted $1100 with a 2k excess, with me being 20 i would say that is a good price :)

Also the day after i picked up my ISF, i got rear ended, the damage bill was 25k +

Lucky i had insurance :/

I called Youi and got a quote of about $1250 for my Dad which is much better. Also their terms are good like free hire car if car cant be used due to accident and things like that.

With insurance prices like that in QLD I should move there! :)

The best price I was quoted was from Coles which I think was around the $1200 mark, but after reading all the horror stories on line from people who have had to claim I gave it a miss.

My renewal only just came in and it is around $1,400.00, I'm + 40 with rating one.

RACV

car is listed for business also.

My renewal was also the similar, I did a new quote on the site and it came down to 1200, then I called them up, asked them explain themselves :)

Got a new quote now from them just under 1100.

I would say, at a minimum try the Online quote and also increase the excess to 1000 or 1500 - There's no way you'll end up having less damage than than in an accident anyway - these cars can get expensive to fix :)

My renewal only just came in and it is around $1,400.00, I'm + 40 with rating one.

RACV

car is listed for business also.

My renewal was also the similar, I did a new quote on the site and it came down to 1200, then I called them up, asked them explain themselves :)

Got a new quote now from them just under 1100.

I would say, at a minimum try the Online quote and also increase the excess to 1000 or 1500 - There's no way you'll end up having less damage than than in an accident anyway - these cars can get expensive to fix :)

Thanks for the thought and interest, I might look at it. But then again I am lazy :unsure:

In regards to ease of claim (touch wood), I have not had an accident but did make a windscreen claim this year. I wanted an original Lexus windscreen fitted by Lexus and they have no issue, I paid for it and they reimbursed me in a week or two. So on side it was excellent.

Everyones insurance will be different due to age, driving history, location, etc But for reference, NRMA wants $2037 ($2000 excess) on an 08 ISF and $3200 for a $600 excess - 65% no claim bonus plus a multi policy discount on 8 other insurance policies for a 40+ male driver.

Best thing to do is to check out the insurance PDS/ coverage, as some insurance companies will not allow you to use the repairer of your choice or will re-use repaired parts to fix your car in the unlikely event of an accident.