Isf Accident.....

marvin

On the way home from the shops on Saturday I received a love tap from the driver behind me….. fortunately everyone was ok and not too much damage was done but it was still a pain to call the insurance etc. Car goes in on Thursday for assessment & hopefully repaired shortly after. It’s a bit hard to see from the photos cause I used my phone but its mostly just scratches, a small dent and the clips that hold the bumper in place on the passenger side were dislodged.

post-5220-0-56348800-1369613981_thumb.jp

post-5220-0-31136500-1369615038_thumb.jp

Sorry to hear mate. Luckily it was only a small tap. Just make sure whatever shop you go with that they match the bumper to the rest of the car's paint as best as possible. Plastic and metal will never match 100% perfectly, even on new cars if you look closely. However a badly painted bumper will stick out like a sore thumb as it may be too light or too dark compared to the rest of the car.

Be sure to inspect the colour match both in good lighting and bad lighting conditions. Some painters only paint for either 1 of the conditions to colour match. Good luck.

Is it going to a Lexus repairer? If not i would get a inspection done to the car after painting to make sure the paint is a proper match. I have exactly the same colour ISF.

Thanks for the tips guys. The only assessment I could get was on thursday and therefore the Mrs will have to take it in for me. I guess I will have to write down some questions for her to ask with regards to paint etc. I might pop into my local lexus dealership to get the paint code to make sure its the correct colour etc.

• 1 month later...

Hey all, sorry for the late reply.

I had the car fixed by Gabba collision repairs who is unfortunately not a lexus recommended repairer..... but I was very impressed by the work done. The rear bumper looks back to original and I couldnt be happier. I'll try to post some photos up soon!