2002 Lexus Is200 Bought Yesterday!

Hey guys!

I just joined this forum yesterday as my mum bought a 2002 IS200 in Black with the I6 1G-FE...

Just some background on me so you can get an idea of who I am:

I am 15 years old and I live in Auckland, New Zealand, I am very into cars and mentally know my stuff but with my mums previous car being a 1993 Toyota Corona and before that a 199x Nissan Sentra, I have never had the ability to do anything myself...

When I am older my dream is to have a 1200HP TT Toyota Supra, and yes I have already got the whole parts list down to the Valve seal locks, but I am not here to discuss that, I am here to ask a few questions and get some knowledge about the IS200...

Unfortunately the car is an Automatic, because manuals get snapped up pretty quick by boy-racers and when they dont the owners chuck an extra $4,000 onto the price tag, so that was out of the question, but then again, my mum spends about 15-30 minutes every day sitting in traffic idling along, and apparently riding the clutch for that long isnt good anyway...

The first few things we (me and mum) are looking for the car is an exhaust (pretty grunty but not ridiculous) then some nice 17's or 18's, and maybe (if I can convince her) a turbo kit (between 250-350hp)... First things first though, I like to use Nengun.com, because the stuff is real cheap and i am used to the website, unfortunately they no longer have the IS200 as a option under vehicle choice, so the Altezza option will have to do for now...

The available chassis codes for the Altezza are JCE10 and SXE10, I do not know which model is which, but apparently my mums model is neither, so what one should i choose if any would be the same? I understand there are 2 different engines that come in the IS200 (the I6 and I4) But in the Altezza (and gita) there are 3 (I6, I4 and the god of all engines, the 2JZ) but those 2 options are for the I4 and the 2JZ, so will any exhaust made for those platforms(?) fit my mums?

Many thanks,

Caleb

• Like 1