The stacker on my 94 es300 shows LOADING when i add the disc, and tries to play the track and fails. The button to change the CD doesnt work either.

Do you reckon i should take it down to the Lexus centre, or is there someplace other than that, in Melbourne that is relatively cheap in havin a look at car audio stuff.

Thanks

P.S. I didnt place the CD the other way round. Checked already.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi, i have the same problem,with the cd stacker, sometimes it says loading, i can hear it in the boot loading, but then it stops, is it worth getting it fixed or a new cd?

Ho there.

To let Lexus to check might cost you more than what you expected to pay.I got one CD staker ur year and model ,fully tested in good working order.I also live in Melbourne if you want to check it out before purchase.I am selling it for 100 aud if you want them.

beeman@coithienthai.com

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i have the same problem,with the cd stacker, sometimes it says loading, i can hear it in the boot loading, but then it stops, is it worth getting it fixed or a new cd?

Ho there.

To let Lexus to check might cost you more than what you expected to pay.I got one CD staker ur year and model ,fully tested in good working order.I also live in Melbourne if you want to check it out before purchase.I am selling it for 100 aud if you want them.

beeman@coithienthai.com

Cheers

Hi how old is it?

is it a stagker or single disk?

is it one you put in the boot or in the car?

thanks for your time.

Wendy

Ho there.

beeman@coithienthai.com

Cheers

Hi how old is it?

is it a stagker or single disk?

is it one you put in the boot or in the car?

thanks for your time.

Wendy

Hi wendy.

It's a stacker,10 CD loader in the booth and it's a original part,from ES300 model 1994.

I took it out last year to up grade my sound system.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting it repaired via a place called Melbourne Car Sound. THey had to give it to Fujitsu, and they reckon they needed to change the laser, and pretty much rebuild it.....cost be $375. Not happy about that, but its fixed now i guess.

• 5 months later...

I am unsure of the full symptoms you have been experiencing but I had a problem with a boot mounted 12 disc stacker showing error after the discs had tried to load, I removed the stacker and on investigation found the main drive cog for the loading of the discs had stripped a tooth, because this drive cog only turns through 180 deg the fix was simple just realigned the cog so the stripped tooth was not used any more. It is a reletavily easy job to do yourself just be sure to refit the tension springs all round the cd player when putting back together.

I am unsure of the full symptoms you have been experiencing but I had a problem with a boot mounted 12 disc stacker showing error after the discs had tried to load, I removed the stacker and on investigation found the main drive cog for the loading of the discs had stripped a tooth, because this drive cog only turns through 180 deg the fix was simple just realigned the cog so the stripped tooth was not used any more. It is a reletavily easy job to do yourself just be sure to refit the tension springs all round the cd player when putting back together.

Hey scotz, thanks so much it sounds good must give it a go.

• 1 year later...

Hey scotz, thanks so much it sounds good must give it a go.

Hey Peeps

I was wondering if there are any fuses located on the 12 stacker for a 93' ES300.

My stacker was playing up and i pulled it apart to find the main cog drive had stripped tooth. After realigning it i found no power was being supplied to the mechanisms within the stacker.

The display unit recognises when the tray is open but when closed nothing happens. If i remove the power cable then re-insert it you usually hear noises from the tray selector positioning itself but nothing happens. I can only conclude no power is being delivered to the mechanisms.

I can only see power being sent to the eject button as it lights up???

Any advice on what needs to be check will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Luda

• 2 weeks later...

No clue on the fuse, i havent as yet found one so i would assume it junctions in with the main head unit.

just a point of interest to anyone looking at putting aftermarket head units in, can be done, but if u have the model that has a factory amplifier under the passengers seat, beware of having issues with wiring (power and speakers), take it to someone u know that can figure it out. I ended up completely rewiring everything for my new headunit after my stacker stopped working and i found burn marks on the main board inside it.

• 6 months later...
No clue on the fuse, i havent as yet found one so i would assume it junctions in with the main head unit.

just a point of interest to anyone looking at putting aftermarket head units in, can be done, but if u have the model that has a factory amplifier under the passengers seat, beware of having issues with wiring (power and speakers), take it to someone u know that can figure it out. I ended up completely rewiring everything for my new headunit after my stacker stopped working and i found burn marks on the main board inside it.

I have installed aftermarket mp3 players and took me nearly 2 hours and its heaps better and louder without the BRAIN(under the seat) and still got the stock cd player and cd stacker, anyone out there want it let me know on 0432242181 , i m in melbourne

So, i got rid of the brain(under the seat) and now the sound quality is heaps better and louder, i have 2 ES300 and my friend got one imported one as well.

I will be installing aftermarket dvd in my other lexus but need the panel to fit aftermarket players.