New Front Pads & Rotors

marvin

It’s good having separate track mags & tyres, as it saves my street MPSS tyres, & you can fit better track tyres.   at the track the ISF is hard on the front tyres.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried that with a square set of works in 18x9.5s and advans. Expensive exercise but in the end the range for decent semis in 18s is endless and cheaper compared to 19s.

Yes there are more options for 18inch mags, but they look to small in dia on the ISF.  with too much guard to tyre clearance, & the speedo would also be way out, but for the track they would be fine.   I like Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s on my 19 inch track rims, they grip well, fill the guards nicely & are very quiet.

5a24710e8dd3f_FSportMag275_35_19.thumb.jpg.9de0c20309096b5de2b83854270c8712.jpg

P.S.  I have order from RR Racing, there 2 piece front rotors for the ISF to use at the track.  looking forward to testing them next year.

5a24713a3b392_RRRacing.thumb.jpg.5bc2c12d9065ab5a4615cecd2f259e6a.jpg

17x10s with R-comps on the rear

Obviously look different to the stock 19s on the front (17s arent doable on the front anyway) but they give far more and cheaper options for tyres for track days

jackshill.jpg

18422573_1363782040374617_1101125047340285273_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yesterday my RR Racing 2 piece front track rotors turned up.   looking forward to testing them on the ISF when the weather cools down a bit.

The finger prints on the rotor are from RR.

P1260724.thumb.jpg.4d9ac13cc4e7c121493c39e2baad000b.jpg

P1260730.thumb.JPG.12e0ee2c6a1bb2932960b937b2825c57.JPG

On 13/01/2018 at 7:44 AM, LTuned said:

Once the weather cools down a bit, I'll test them out at the track, & will let you know.

Come out to one of our track days John - only $250- $350 a day!!

I only like to do 2 track days a year in the ISF, & I already have my name down for a Lexus track day in June & October, at Eastern Creek with Lexus of Chatswood as my backup.    

13 hours ago, banserki said:

Bought a set of Mu NS400 fronts for $200.

Paid $160 from Brakes Direct, free shipping Aust wide.  Im sure they are still the same price i think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LTuned said:

Mu NS400 are good pads for the street, & they don't make much brake dust.

Agreed.  Had them on my car for a while now and no complaints at all.  Little dust and no squealing etc.  Great for street use

5 hours ago, BLK ISF said:

Agreed.  Had them on my car for a while now and no complaints at all.  Little dust and no squealing etc.  Great for street use

Hey mate , I put them on my car also ns400s mine squeal pretty bad on slowing down . Did you re use the shims or take them off. Cheers 

13 hours ago, OzzyISF said:

Hey mate , I put them on my car also ns400s mine squeal pretty bad on slowing down . Did you re use the shims or take them off. Cheers 

Looked at possibly having to get new shim kit but reused what i had.  Mine has never squealed but also changed rotors at the same time.  Not sure if the bedding process with that would make a difference, maybe some of the more cluey members could chime in on that.

My OEM pads would squeal alot especially slowing down like you mentioned but they were worn so to be expected.

15 hours ago, OzzyISF said:

Do you track your ISF with the Mu NS400 pads?   if so, you might have overheated them.  they are not really made for track work.

I just fitted the EBC Redstuff to the front of my car before xmas. So far travelled around 300km & they are great. The pad set came the the backing plate shims and so far very little dust with great stopping & pedal feel. Paid $205.00 for them. 

2 hours ago, LTuned said:

Do you track your ISF with the Mu NS400 pads?   if so, you might have overheated them.  they are not really made for track work.

No track work . Just around the street

On 1/18/2018 at 4:55 PM, OzzyISF said:

I have the NS400 on my wife's car and there's no squeal. When you fitted them, did you do a break-in?  Sometimes when you fit green new pads without a break-in, they'll be noisy.

FYI, find a quiet street and do about 15 medium-strength (enough to dip the nose) stops from 70km/h.  Try not to stop, and just accelerate up to 70 again when you've slowed to a walking pace.  Rinse and repeat until you get up to 15 stops, then cruise around and let the airflow cool the brakes.  This will heat up the pads and leech out the resins etc that are leftover from manufacturing, and it also lays down a thin layer of brake pad material on the disc surface.

It's not too late to try this if it's still squealing.

6 hours ago, Babalouie said:

I have the NS400 on my wife's car and there's no squeal. When you fitted them, did you do a break-in?  Sometimes when you fit green new pads without a break-in, they'll be noisy.

FYI, find a quiet street and do about 15 medium-strength (enough to dip the nose) stops from 70km/h.  Try not to stop, and just accelerate up to 70 again when you've slowed to a walking pace.  Rinse and repeat until you get up to 15 stops, then cruise around and let the airflow cool the brakes.  This will heat up the pads and leech out the resins etc that are leftover from manufacturing, and it also lays down a thin layer of brake pad material on the disc surface.

It's not too late to try this if it's still squealing.

Yeah did a heap of 80km to slowing around the streets when bedding in the pads and rotors. I thought it might be the shims or the pins that might be making the noise