New Front Pads & Rotors

marvin

On 8/16/2019 at 12:14 AM, choppyshrimp said:

Just put in my Project Mu NS400's all round with new DBA T3 4000 Series slotted rotors on the front. 0 squeal whatsoever and they feel perfectly fine after a day. Should be great after they've fully settled in, will report back and update once that happens.

Yeah myself and many have the same setup as this.  You'll be happy.  I had excessive break squeal and too much dust as with my old setup but with this setup ive been happy.  I'm sure there are pads that perform better under more heat stress but for street use its great.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, BLK ISF said:

Yeah myself and many have the same setup as this.

They're great, not gonna' lie but the thing I'm looking forward to most is not having to look at my black wheels smothered in brake dust after 2 days lol. Unfortunately Project Mu Australia was absolutely terrible and made me wait 3 months without any indication of when they'd be coming in, despite being told it would only be a 3-4 week wait for re-stock. Just glad they're on now, and these slotted rotors look amazing too, especially with the distinct colour of the Mu pads.

On 8/18/2019 at 11:37 PM, choppyshrimp said:

They're great, not gonna' lie but the thing I'm looking forward to most is not having to look at my black wheels smothered in brake dust after 2 days lol. Unfortunately Project Mu Australia was absolutely terrible and made me wait 3 months without any indication of when they'd be coming in, despite being told it would only be a 3-4 week wait for re-stock. Just glad they're on now, and these slotted rotors look amazing too, especially with the distinct colour of the Mu pads.

Yeah i got mine some time ago but heard since then they were discontinued, or maybe i read that on the US forums, cant remember.

Yep theres no missing the aqua/greenish/blueish or whatever you call it colour lol.

My OEM pads used to produce alot of brake dust, ive used Bendix too a while ago and similar thing.  Im sure someone here mentioned another pad that was quite good for street use and minimal dust, just cant recall the name

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Just finished my 90k service and in need of some new tyres and brakes, most likely get the whole new set now, but the service rep told me that the report states I currently only have 10% left on the front brakes(pads?) and about 50% on the rear - when it gets critically low, does the car alert us? 

Looking for some aftermarket options, as when I bought my car at 60k, I had all 4 front discs and pads replaced at Lexus of Brighton, which amounted to about $5.2k~ back in 2014. 

Any recommendations for purely street use? I thought the OEM ones were great, has a strong bite but it felt quite strong and capable. However from the second I purchased the car with the brakes replaced, I always got brake squeal when coming to a stop towards the lights. It was incredibly annoying and the only time I wouldn't hear it was straight after a good wheel clean - but it would pretty much come back 10-15 mins of driving. The amount of brake dust was also quite annoying and was hard to keep the wheels nice and clean. 

15 hours ago, 2bling said:

Hey Babs what are you running on the street compared to the track cheers.  I'm on pu400 still waiting to were them down, they are a good pad ..

I use Endless SS-M for street, they feel just like stock oem in terms of pedal feel and are basically zero dust. 

For track I use Endless MX72 Plus, which last for a whole trackday session without fade, seem to be kind to the discs and are actually fine for street use.  They're about half of the stock pad dust...but half is still a lot 😉 so I swap to Endless street pads between track days

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, ich1ban said:

which amounted to about $5.2k~ back in 2014. 

Jesus christ that's hefty, I hope you've found a nice indie mechanic since then haha.

I vouch for the Project MU NS400. They don't feel much different to OEM, slightly better if anything, and my gloss black wheels are still gloss black after a week of daily driving along with 0 squeal. You can get a front+rear set for only $338 AUD.

How much did you get your SS-M's for @Babalouie ? The cheapest I can find are approx. $500 USD, and that's only for the front set 😨