2007 Is250 Navigation Screen Is Frozen

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this issue has been addressed before. My Sat Nav screen is frozen or not respondind. It is stuck at the "press agree to the warning" box and nothging works. The screen is not responding to any touch menu. How can I reset my navigation? Does any here have the same problem. Please help.

Thanks.

Brandon

Hey Brandon,

You can try the digitilizer fix that is on the forums,but it didn't work for me!!..or replace your screen like I did..lexus are a rip off your better off doing it yourself!!..it really isn't that hard!!

Good luck

I can understand if you don't want to replace your sat nav unit with an aftermarket non-genuine unit, but I think ilv1004s is offering a genuine Lexus sat nav unit - even though it's from a used vehicle.

Are you saying you prefer to have your screen replaced on your existing unit, rather than replace the entire unit with another genuine - albeit used - unit? I'd prefer the latter.

Hi Brandon,I just typed into my seach page,say google,how to fix a broken lexus touchscreen and it comes up with a photo by photo guide on how to do it on a lexus is350,same as a is250.after you get past the nerves of taking out the stereo,then pulling apart a lexus stereo it's quite easy!!..the fix didn't work for me so I went onto eBay and purchased a screen to fit my year model for $150 and that was delivered to my house!! It came from Hong Kong but it works perfect!!..I think you can actually buy a genuine toshiba,which is originally in the is250 for around $400!!...thru lexus to fix the screen I was told $580 and to replace the screen $1800 absolutely ridiculous prices!! I also found on YouTube a video on how to pull out the stereo!!..it's really easy to do once you do the research!!.i hope this helps!!

Lexus Nerd,

Yes, I would prefer to have my screen replace or DIY fix as suggested from some of the users in the US Forum. Probably end up costing me around $150 rather than costing me an arm and leg something like $2500 to replace the whole units.

Brandon.

Hi Lushpuppy,

I did google as well and found a DIY fix on the Sat Nav touch screen.

I contacted Lexus of Chatswood and they asked me to bring it in for them to take a look at it.

Unfortunately, my car is already out of warranty. So definitely, they won't replace the whole unit for free and probably end up costing to fix it.

I will bring the car to the dealer and see what they have to say. If it is costing over $2K, I will probably try to DIY the touch screen myself.

Thanks for your feedback,

Brandon

ilv1004s,

Are you sure it is compatible with the IS250? And can I watch the DVD movie when the car is in motion?

I know my current Sat Nav can't at the moment. I saw a few DIY on how to get around it by plugging socket to ground.

Thanks.

ilv1004s - Thanks for confirming. I will try to fix the Original Sat Nav touch screen first. Probably at the same time, I will try to fix the DVD so I can watch it while driving. Probably for passenger.

• 2 weeks later...

the last nav unit i have is going for 800 bucks and it's off an ISF

let me know if your intrested

Hi Ilv1004s,

I am looking to replace my 2006 IS350 nav unit, including the surrounding panel with touch buttons for audio, air conditioning etc. FYI I am the original owner of this vehicle bought and driven until recently in Tokyo. I brought it back to Australia when I returned home from my overseas assignment. Since it is a domestic Japan model, the above nav unit and surrounding touch buttons are in Japanese. Also, I would like to replace the radio with one which receives Australian radio stations. Are you able to assist? Many thanks to Lexus Nerd for drawing my attention to this post.

• 6 years later...

Hey guys, sorry if this is the same issue as you guys are having as me, but i just bought an IS250 Luxury Sport the touchscreen is unresponsive but the buttons around work, the issue i see at the moment is my screen and AC functions are all connected. Is this an issue with replacing the headunit??

Thanks

Ben

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had this problem I replaced the digitiser and now all works. Not exactly the same as the original but it all now works, I have also added an aftermarket screen to use apple CarPlay so the OEM screen rarely gets used