Side Mirror Glass Replacement

"have got a quote by the dealer and they said $850 for just the mirror alone"

Ouch. Have you tried sourcing from a US dealer like :

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/lexus-mirror-outer-lh~87961-53400.html

Or:

eBay: http://compare.ebay.com.au/like/271032866011?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&cbt=y&_lwgsi=y&lpid=45&item_id=271032866011

US ebay is your friend here. Look for a used once from private sellers and wreckers. I managed to find the whole folding mirror for $90 shipped.

When the item arrived it was snapped at the pivoting point. Since I needed only the glass I didn't really care much, but took a picture and forwarded it to the seller. Within hours I had a full amount including the shipping refunded to me. Go figure.

US ebay is your friend here. Look for a used once from private sellers and wreckers. I managed to find the whole folding mirror for $90 shipped.

When the item arrived it was snapped at the pivoting point. Since I needed only the glass I didn't really care much, but took a picture and forwarded it to the seller. Within hours I had a full amount including the shipping refunded to me. Go figure.

• 3 months later...

Clarify...you want the mirror itself or the whole assembly ? There's a few ISx50's on eBay for parting, contact one of those guys and you might get a reasonable price. Otherwise eBay UK is a good option - search on IS220d not IS250 though.