Hi can anyone advise what they've paid drive away for their new IS 250, or 350 F sport 2013/14 new shape ? even luxury too ?

The deals you here people are getting seems to vary greatly depending on what state your in.Happy to hear what kind of deals buyers are getting and where Australia wide. Be handy to know what dealers to avoid too !

Thanks !

I have ordered a 2014 IS350 in White Nova with Dark Rose interior and Enhancement Pack 2 = $88,784 on road

Expect build to be January 2014 with delivery to be mid-late February 2014

It will vary from state to state due to the coist of rego and stamp duty.

Check stamp duty cost in various states on this : http://www.privatefleet.com.au/links-and-resources/crash-tests-car-safety/car-stamp-duty/

QLD is one of the cheapest , WA is most expensive but WA has cheap annual rego.

Are you looking to buy a new car if so go to Lexus website and check the driveaway price in your state then go to your dealer and negotiate a lower price from there. If you are not trading a car it's very easy, buy from the dealer that will give the lowest price and service where you think you will get the best service and price. If you are trading ( not recommended unless trading a late model Lexus) you have to drive around and try to get the best money for your car.

I buy new cars but never trade because I can get more that the dealer will offer for trade because they will only offer wholesale money.

OK, nice was that a F sport ?, any extras ?

Like that color interior ! so about a 3.5 month build/wait time ?

Sorry, yes, F Sport with Enhancement Pack 2 (Moonroof, Radar Active Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Safety System, Lane Keep Assist and Automatic High Beam) plus Cargo Liner (no charge) and spare set of Carpet Mats (no charge).

Going to try get them to chuck in Window Tint too prior to delivery - but not fussed if they don't come at it.

I also purchased with no trade (sold my 2011 350 F Sport privately)

As Lexus Nerd said, I'm waiting for 2014 build and compliance because the dealer wasn't real flexible on negotiating and it would cost me as much as I'd save by buying on the mainland to get it back home to TAS anyway - plus risk damage from other careless drivers on Spirit of Tasmania. I also didn't want to take delivery of a 2013 built car in the first month of 2014 - you'd instantly lose a years depreciation before taking delivery.

Sorry, yes, F Sport with Enhancement Pack 2 (Moonroof, Radar Active Cruise Control, Pre-Collision Safety System, Lane Keep Assist and Automatic High Beam) plus Cargo Liner (no charge) and spare set of Carpet Mats (no charge).

Going to try get them to chuck in Window Tint too prior to delivery - but not fussed if they don't come at it.

As Lexus Nerd said, I'm waiting for 2014 build and compliance because the dealer wasn't real flexible on negotiating and it would cost me as much as I'd save by buying on the mainland to get it back home to TAS anyway - plus risk damage from other careless drivers on Spirit of Tasmania. I also didn't want to take delivery of a 2013 built car in the first month of 2014 - you'd instantly lose a years depreciation before taking delivery.

So you paid $88,784 drive away ? thats the full RRP price ?

Wow , not one $ discount?? Ah well you live in the apple island. I don't know why you didn't buy one in Mebourne or Sydney, I guess you are happy to pay the going rate from the only dealer there.

I paid a lot less than that for my sport luxury!

I guess you could call the spare set of mats and cargo liner that are being thrown in for free a discount of sorts.

That's the trouble with the Apple Isle - we don't have much (if any) choice - we're a bit limited down here.

If I were to be getting an in-stock model or a vehicle made late 2013 - I'd be sure as hell hitting them up for a discount being so late in the year.. There's no way I'd take delivery of a 2013 built vehicle in early 2014 without significant discounts either.

Didn't want to travel to the mainland for a few reasons - my last IS was damaged on the Spirit of Tas when I took it over because they jam pack the ship so tight and I didn't want to risk that happening again - also if I have any warranty concerns or anything, I want the convenience of dealing directly with the people I bought it from - not turn up with a vehicle I bought elsewhere and then expect them to then bend over backwards to help me.

Meh, I'm happy anyway. Just can't wait to take delivery of it!

I guess you could call the spare set of mats and cargo liner that are being thrown in for free a discount of sorts.

It is but very little on $80k+ car

-

not turn up with a vehicle I bought elsewhere and then expect them to then bend over backwards to help me.

They would only be to happy to take your money, why wouldn't they? $500-600 to change the oil, good work if you can get it!!

Thats all that matters.

Thats all that matters.

It is but very little on $80k+ car

-

not turn up with a vehicle I bought elsewhere and then expect them to then bend over backwards to help me.

They would only be to happy to take your money, why wouldn't they? $500-600 to change the oil, good work if you can get it!!

I don't know anyone that's paid full retail for one (or for any car for that matter), so id be hitting them up for that free window tint for sure & some !!!!

People having be buying the IS 350 F sport for low $80's, so you've probably paid somewhere between $5-8000 to much, more than enough to cover your tint cost. Plus didn't they have free on roads recently ?, that alone was a $5500 saving. Couldn't see the mats & boot liner being worth anymore than 4/500 bucks either ?

Like you said your happy & that's the main thing. Reckon the dealer & sales rep would be pretty happy to !

I don't know anyone that's paid full retail for one (or for any car for that matter), so id be hitting them up for that free window tint for sure & some !!!!

People having be buying the IS 350 F sport for low $80's, so you've probably paid somewhere between $5-8000 to much, more than enough to cover your tint cost. Plus didn't they have free on roads recently ?, that alone was a $5500 saving. Couldn't see the mats & boot liner being worth anymore than 4/500 bucks either ?

Like you said your happy & that's the main thing. Reckon the dealer & sales rep would be pretty happy to !

I haven't seen any sort of special deals (free on roads, attractive finance offers etc) on any of the new (MY14) yet. I don't see why there'd be any offers on them yet either being such a newly released model.

Deals such as those are usually only done on model run outs, dealer specials to clear old stock, end of year clearances and so on. The new IS hasn't been on sale long enough to have any need for such offers.

Would definitely like to know what others have paid for a 350 F Sport with EP2 though, particularly if it was factory ordered.

I couldn't get one in my configuration back in august without having to factory order and wasn't going pay full retail only to take delivery late November, then have it depreciate a full year only a month later, hence waiting for one of the first 2014 built ones.

I know I could of got a lot better deal on the mainland, but it would had to of been on a vehicle in stock, not in the configuration I wanted or an ex-demo. You have competing dealers over there and have the option of going to another dealer to drive prices down. We don't have that here unfortunately and this time round, I just couldn't be bothered cross-shopping dealers all across the country and then having to take time off work to go and pick it up. I did all that 8 months ago for a Land Cruiser Sahara for my parents which was worthwhile - managed to get that for just over $25k off retail price - and a new BT50 for myself this time last year ($8k off retail).

I suspect that now there will be some attractive offers coming about as 2013 draws to a close and dealers start to try and desperately move 2013 stock. I'm just not interested in any of them because they aren't here and they're not in the configuration I want.

FWIW, I paid full retail for my last IS too, factory ordered. Was expecting the new model to jump significantly in price and was expecting over $90k anyway.... By that logic, I'm a little in front.

You would be surprised to know people have paid well over the recommended price to get a car they want but I don't know if anyone would on a Lexus.

Low $80's is the normal on road retail price for the F-sport without options, the poster is getting option pack II, not sure how much it is but at a guess at least $4-$5k option.

There aren't any advertised deals on the new IS as yet however you can always get substantial discount on car that's worth $80+k, maybe not in the apple isle though.

ISF-350 , it's actually easier to get discount on a car you order because the dealer doesn't out lie anything and has your deposit for a few months unless of course you buy last years car like buy a car in Feb-March 14 and its made in Dec 13. I hope you know you are unsecured creditor to the company you ordered from.

Thanks dis-lex-sic. :)

I work in the industry (10 or so years - not sales though) so have a pretty good idea how it all works. I know when to beg for a bargain and I knew the dealer in this case wasn't going to budge and rightly so. It's also funny how people reckon they do great by getting a few grand off, then sign up for finance without knowing that the commission on the finance is bumped up, fees are added and the interest rate is risen a percent or two to favour the dealer (not the finance co).... next minute, the dealer is back in front again ;)

They never lose out, trust me.

Dealers like to trade-in too, they make money on trade-ins. They also like you to finance, they make money on finance by way of fat commissions and inflated interest rates. I don't have a trade-in, and I'm not financing - so makes it harder to haggle.

Also, Enhancement Pack 2 on a 350 F Sport is $7,000 - that easily bumps it up to high $80's for those getting an F Sport for low $80's without EP2 ;)

Anyway, enough of mine - I wanna hear what others have managed to to get theirs for.

Would also be interesting to see what they end up paying for them in the long run if they're financed etc...

You sound like you know what you're talking about.

As you mentioned there are other things to consider.

As soon as there is a trade in or finance the purchase price becomes subject to other factors

Smart buyers that get a real deal usually keep it to themselves. Posting bigger discounts does nothing but ruin your own resale value.