hi guys,

would anyone be able to tell me here the wiring for the interior light that runs on the door pressure switch is ran in a 2000 IS200? im adding wing mirror kerb lighting and would prefer not to have to go hunting for it to tap into it and pull off unnecessary panels.

thanks in advance.

Pull the rubber boot off the switch unscrew the switch get your power source that's the easiest way. But I would try find a power source inside the door I.e off the the red courtesy light in the door card

Pull the rubber boot off the switch unscrew the switch get your power source that's the easiest way. But I would try find a power source inside the door I.e off the the red courtesy light in the door card

thanks for that lefty i havent even noticed those red lights., i did a moc up and wasnt pleased with the look.. ground light was awesome but you could see the LED strip, not to mention the reflection on the door, thinking of opening up the mirror and drilling holes to match the spacing of the LEDS on the strip.

so checked out the Red light situation, the only issue is that they are only on when the door is actually open where as the centre courtesy light as you know is on once the doors are unlocked and stays on until the car starts etc etc. any thoughts?

i figured i could the the lights in the door pockets and connect to the red lights, that might look alright but not sure.