Lexus 2011 Is Standard Sat Nav Music System Troubleshoot

Don’t know what is going on with my Music system. Car: 2011 IS250 Prestige with SAT NAV (so we are not talking about mark levinson system). I download hundreds of MP3 from the net and put it on USB pendrive. I then plugged the USB onto my car and realised that some songs doesn’t work. the song title and name appears on the display, but it will just skip over to the next workable songs. Sometimes it will skip 3-4 songs until it find a playable song. I thought all mp3 file format are the same, dot m p three file format. Any idea what is going on? is it because of the size of the song? The kbps? Fault of my system? the name of the file? anyone knows?

Thanks guys

There's a number of limitations to the USB MP3 playback feature. Here's just some of them. Check out our Navigation System Owner's Manual for more details:

Playable bit rates
MP3 files for USB memory:
MPEG 1 AUDIO LAYER 2, 3—32 to 320 kbps
MPEG 2 AUDIO LAYER 2, 3—32 to 160 kbps
MPEG 2.5—32 to 160 kbps

USB memory—It is possible to play up to 999 folders, 255 files per folder or 65,025 files in device. (So you may get some strange results if you have more than 255 MP3's in the root folder of the USB memory stick.)

I'd put it down to the way it has been encoded and not the car. There are a few songs that will skip on many devices I have such as phone, ipod, docks.
If I'm bothered I just convert that song into the same format/bitrate etc and it works.

• 3 months later...

I am not too sure whether they are mp3 or mpeg 1 audio layer 2,3...or etc.....

all I know,

they are mp3, and 320kbps bit rate. root folder = 74 files. 2013's songs.

how do I check if they are mpeg 1 audio layer 2,3 or what.

funny thing is that some 320kbps plays fine, some doesn't all with file extension dot mp3. I presumed they are MPEG 2.5—32 to 160 kbps ? some plays 320kbps no problem? huh!?

There's a number of limitations to the USB MP3 playback feature. Here's just some of them. Check out our Navigation System Owner's Manual for more details:

Playable bit rates
MP3 files for USB memory:
MPEG 1 AUDIO LAYER 2, 3—32 to 320 kbps
MPEG 2 AUDIO LAYER 2, 3—32 to 160 kbps
MPEG 2.5—32 to 160 kbps

USB memory—It is possible to play up to 999 folders, 255 files per folder or 65,025 files in device. (So you may get some strange results if you have more than 255 MP3's in the root folder of the USB memory stick.)