Hi

could some IS350 owners/experts please help me with a couple of questions as I'm keen to buy a 2nd hand one to replace my 07 RX350:

1. are the front and rear wheel different size? Some websites say so, some say same size f+r

2. is there some generally accepted 'real' figure for acceleration to 100kmh from standstill? I had thought it was around 5.9 seconds, but read a Wheels mag review for the newer model (which seemed to be same weight, etc) which said 6.9 or so

3. is there any difference in exhaust between F sport and Luxury models?

many thanks

Satz

Prestige:

225/45 R17 (F) 245/45 R17 ®

F Sport / Sports Luxury:

225/40 R18 (F) 255/40 R18 ®

1. Official time for the 2010 model is 5.6 seconds. It can be faster in reality. The MY14 model is rated at 5.9 seconds, but we need a well-worn-in example to confirm what it's really like.

3. No difference between F Sport and other grades' exhausts when stock. There does exist an "F Sport" exhaust which can be bought as an accessory and fitted on any 350 grade.

I had a IS 350 F Sport and can honestly say i loved it. It was fairly quick, (not enough to take on the HSV's or G6E Turbo current generations that is) but pretty close though. I really enjoyed it. The only reason i changed it was because i upgraded to the ISF. But all in all the IS 350 is sweet.

• Like 1

I had a IS 350 F Sport and can honestly say i loved it. It was fairly quick, (not enough to take on the HSV's or G6E Turbo current generations that is) but pretty close though. I really enjoyed it. The only reason i changed it was because i upgraded to the ISF. But all in all the IS 350 is sweet.

Peter

Did you find upgrading to the ISF worth it? I am thinking of purchasing the ISF, but there is a difference of $20K odd to purchase the old version ISF against the current model Is350.

Mark

Peter

Did you find upgrading to the ISF worth it? I am thinking of purchasing the ISF, but there is a difference of $20K odd to purchase the old version ISF against the current model Is350.

Mark

well let me as a question

do you plan to daily the ISF?

The IS350 as i said is a nice ride. Thoroughly enjoyable, direct and swift but the ISF is legendary. It is a beast. It has the looks the sound and the muscle. It is a totally different car, ICONIC in my opinion. Even the wife loves getting into it and letting it rip. I have had the privilege of taking it on a track day at Phillip Island and all i can say is that it was a rush and you really appreciate what engineering has gone into it. It was built for it. Put it this way, when you are in a IS350 and a F6 or Clubsport lines up and gives you that (whats this Lexus poxy car) look then you unfortunately have to grit your teeth and let him go, but in the ISF you can look at him and say BRING IT ON!!! And the best part of it is that when they lose and they always do (unless heavily modified) then the look on their faces is Priceless as they say "Ive just been beaten by a LEXUS".

Danny has a point that if it is your daily driver and you are going to buy the original 2008-early 2009 series 1 model then the ride is very hard. If you can go a little bit further and get the Series 2 MY10 model which is what i have then the suspension is a lot softer and it has the Torsen Limited Slip Diff. I use it on the weekends as a family car and i have 2 teenage children.

Worth the 20k mate.

• Like 1