Does The 2010 Is Satnav Use Same Dvd As Rx Models?

No, 2010 is HDD based not disc based but it would be the same as the 2010 RX navigation.

I thought HDD navigation only appeared in the IS in 2013 (yes, towards the end of the life of the second facelift)?

In any case ... WhereIS suggests that their Lexus navigation updates apply to all Lexus vehicles. Even if we assume their Website is a little out of date and doesn't apply to HDD navigation, we can safely say that a Lexus DVD-based navigation disc will fit all Lexus models with DVD-based navigation.

No, 2010 is HDD based not disc based but it would be the same as the 2010 RX navigation.

I thought HDD navigation only appeared in the IS in 2013 (yes, towards the end of the life of the second facelift)?

In any case ... WhereIS suggests that their Lexus navigation updates apply to all Lexus vehicles. Even if we assume their Website is a little out of date and doesn't apply to HDD navigation, we can safely say that a Lexus DVD-based navigation disc will fit all Lexus models with DVD-based navigation.

I have an 2010 IS250 came new in 2010 with WhereIS V17 DVD Disk, I have since bought WhereIS V18 and inserted myself, now will skip V19 and wait for the release of V20. I had given the old WhereIS V17 DVD Disk to family with a Toyota Landcruiser Sahara and it works fine in there.

Oh whoops, you were right. I just realised that the black panel where the clock is, is the place to change the map disc. Is it hard to remove?

Oh whoops, you were right. I just realised that the black panel where the clock is, is the place to change the map disc. Is it hard to remove?

You should have the included tools in the boot of your car.

It's easy to remove.

Yes the tool is in the tool kit, or a good quality tool pick, don't force it - it just clicks out if you get it right. If you haven't the instructions as in the second manual book (the one for sat nav) then just Google the instructions.

• 4 months later...

Why pay that outrageous price every year for those discs, and they can't keep up with all the tunnels being built in Brisbane?

There is an app that I run in iPad - it is called Metroview, updates free for life and often too

It is an Aussie GPS and it is awesome, only $24, never use the Lexus GPS again

But hey, Google for iTunes discounts, right now Coles have gift cards for 20% off

And at Harvey Norman, get 2 x $20 cards for 25% off

Can't beat that :)

Moderator can delete if they think I'm selling but I'm not, I just like the product

• 1 month later...