• 2 weeks later...

looking into this atm.

for me its between the tein h spec / RSR* Down as both are mild drops.

but considering to just wait for eibach to release the pro-kit.

Eibach do make springs for these. They say drops the front 25mm @ the front 20mm at the rear, which sounds about perfect.

They're "30% stiffer" than standard they say which im not sure if it going to be too rigid. Apparently any spring that lowers the car has to be stiffer to compromise for the fact there's less travel. Im just hoping they don't make the ride too rigid, as i think the current spring rate is spot on !

$900 fitted, wheel aligned to do the whole car if that helps ?

Eibach confirmed they are still under development (see below)

Im going to go with RSR down - ordered via frsport.com - $450 aud shipped.

drop numbers

front 30-35mm rear 25-30mm - perfect!

0llIBuL.jpg

Yeah Eibach do make springs for these, ive just had a suspension shop confirm they're availability.In fact thinking of getting them installed next week.

Do you know what model RSR's were used in the white F sport in the pics, as that height looks about perfect. Not sure if thats your car or what the ride is like ?

1- 1.3 is a big "range" for a drop.1.3 would be too much i would think, especially at the back, as its not as high as the front !

You can use the 2is on the 3is (Eibach)

Check the part number it will be the same

Email from Eibach

The Eibach Pro Kit to suit the latest generation Lexus IS series is still under development, I anticipate that it would be available toward the later half of the year.

Best Regards | Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Kayik | Sales Eibach

Eibach Suspension Technology Pty Limited | 3/4 Prosperity Parade | Warriewood NSW 2107 | Australia

It's 1.3 front and 1 rear (rsr down)

Sounds good to me.

Look above

I'm saying you can probably use the same springs from the 2is on the 3is

Anyway just passing on info

Good luck with it and post pics if you get them in!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Vaku,

I tried looking for these springs at frsport.com but couldnt find them.

Have you got a link to them?

Also, what did you pay to have them installed?

Wow! 265 for install and alignment!? Or install only?

I tried lexus perth, and they wouldnt do it (but if they were to do it, they said it could cost around $700).

Peddars quoted 600-650.

And a local suspension shop said around 500.

Am I getting ripped? Or is it just WA prices?

(lol I know for sure ppl from sydney are always complaining about the price of coffee here in perth)

Or is it maybe shops in perth dont work on lexus often so they are quoting more in case it takes them more time?

install + align.

getting ripped.. just find a good independent suspension shop, it really should cost you no more than $300!

im booked in for my install next tue :)

Looks fantastic vaku. Got any closeups of the wheel arches?

Do you know what the final camber is? And if there any camber adjustments done when doing the alignment?

Thanks, I will take some this afternoon and post them up - still some wheel gap but imo sits great ride quality is essentially the same as stock just ever ever so slightly firmer ( and I am very picky re ride/comfort) and the whole car sits about 11-12cm off the ground, the only thing that is lower than 10cm is the plastic wind diffuser wings thing under the front bumper that will scrape if you do not take an angle but even so it hardly touches it - so really, could not be happier with the springs!

progressive springs really do make a difference, I wasnt interested in coilovers (illegal) and I didnt want to wait out for the pro-kits (had them on 3x cars) so took a gamble on RSR's, and would highly reccomend them to anyone interested in a mild drop, no sacrafice to ride comfort and still legal etc for a reasonable price.

unfortunately I forgot to ask for the spec sheet, was too distracted looking at the car + had to hang around the workshop for 4hrs so just wanted to go home lol.

but yeah Michael @ garage 88 said I have more tyre contact now than when it was stock and it apparently has the same if not less camber, so worked out very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

updated pics, install ended up costing $350 as they have not worked on one yet and didn't want to rush the job.

k2T2cJw.jpg

Lqmy12y.jpg

odMT9Z1.jpg

hjUeKpx.jpg

updated pics, install ended up costing $350 as they have not worked on one yet and didn't want to rush the job.

k2T2cJw.jpg

Lqmy12y.jpg

odMT9Z1.jpg

hjUeKpx.jpg

Looks great Vaku, & $279 for the springs & $350 to fit ? bargain i say.

You had 4 pple in the back yet, you get any rubbing/scrapping ?

They're the "progressive" springs, meaning the get stiffer as they get down into the lower part of the stroke ?

Great that you say not a lot stiffer than standard too ? Just took my F sport for a drive in the country & was really thinking the same as wouldn't want the ride to be much stiffer at all, otherwise starts to border on uncomfortable !

Take it you just the to go over speed humps at an angle now ?

No only 2 people but id say it would be fine as it's still above 100mm lowered - I did remove the 2x plastic pieces that sit infront if the front tyres as they did scrape a little on some higher speed bumps etc - makes no difference to the car at all in my experience.

Yes just angle and it's fine, in fact I have had no problems with ANY driveway / speed bump (since plastic removal which can easily be reversed) with the exception of a townhouse I bought - but the driveway - road angle scrapes standard cars.. It's pretty bad.

Slightly firmer but no complaints overall and no rattles etc, I have no intention of going back to stock springs unless I'm selling it!

No only 2 people but id say it would be fine as it's still above 100mm lowered - I did remove the 2x plastic pieces that sit infront if the front tyres as they did scrape a little on some higher speed bumps etc - makes no difference to the car at all in my experience.

Yes just angle and it's fine, in fact I have had no problems with ANY driveway / speed bump (since plastic removal which can easily be reversed) with the exception of a townhouse I bought - but the driveway - road angle scrapes standard cars.. It's pretty bad.

Slightly firmer but no complaints overall and no rattles etc, I have no intention of going back to stock springs unless I'm selling it!

Sorry meant to say have you had 4 people in the car yet, (including 2 in the back?) & if so does is scrape then ?

What do you mean re the removing of the 2 plastic pieces in front of the front tyres ?

The springs where $279 ?

No the springs are $450 from frsport.com

No have not had 4 people only 2.

Have a look under your car infront of the front tyres, see that plastic thing hanging down - that.. It just touches some driveways and speed bumps not a major thing but I just removed, makes no difference to driving I asked Danny what they do he mentioned makes the tyres easier to turn at high speed.

• 5 months later...

k2T2cJw.jpg

Lqmy12y.jpg

odMT9Z1.jpg

hjUeKpx.jpg

Hey Vaku, just looking at getting these myself. You still happy with yours & the ride comfort ?

Whats it like with people in the back too, does it rub ?

That link, was for 2 springs, presuming theres no front or back to these ? you got 4 of them ? works out to about $763 for 4 INC freight to WA !