Hi guys,

I'm a noob at this car modification stuff but I've seen pictures of slightly lowered IS250's and I really like the look: 218953d1312989669-2011-2012-is-show-your

211679d1306730266-wunkos-2011-is350-f-sp

I'm just wondering, does this height look legal (above 100mm off ground) and what impact would it have on insurance policies - would they have to be informed (raised costs maybe)?

Ps. they're H&R Springs - do they need to be ADR approved or something?

Looks legal to me.You can go with F sport springs(approx.15mm drop i think) or go with Eibach/H&R springs and Bilstein/Koni setup(approx.30-35mm drop).I had this on an Accord Euro and it transformed the car handlingwise.Wasn't much firmer than stock when driving normally either.It was when you pushed the car you noticed the difference.It was like it was on rails round corners.

Hi guys,

I'm a noob at this car modification stuff but I've seen pictures of slightly lowered IS250's and I really like the look: 218953d1312989669-2011-2012-is-show-your

211679d1306730266-wunkos-2011-is350-f-sp

I'm just wondering, does this height look legal (above 100mm off ground) and what impact would it have on insurance policies - would they have to be informed (raised costs maybe)?

Ps. they're H&R Springs - do they need to be ADR approved or something?

hi man nice car

yeah looks legal to me haha

yeah if you want to drop it little more you can get F sport springs which should be about 15-20 mm drop

you can inform them if you wanting to but i think the price does go up due to it being modded but they don't know LOL

if you go with the F sport spring it should be ADR approved by lexus

or you can go with coilovers i had spring in mine and when i changed to coilovers the ride was much better (Y) and i can adjust the height

I have that exact same car and lowered mine by 30mm all round. Looks a little lower than yours and posted some photo's here somewhere. Got Pedders coilovers and very happy. Insurance premium increase was $10. Hope that helps.

Thanks guys, is there a noticeable ride difference with bumps/potholes when lowered?

Yes there is.The ride tends to be a bit more "bouncy" due to the reduced travel and stiffer shocks.

It all boils down to how low, what suspension type/brand, tyre brand/size etc. Obviously, the more aggressive you go with the aforementioned things, and depending on the brands, the more uncomfortable the ride is going to be.

I have stock shock with tanabe spring, and I'm loving the look and the ride quality too. Tiny bit firmer but not harsh yet.

But it's all depends on how low and how much comfort ride quality you're willing to trade.

A good compromise would be F Sport springs.

I read the drop isn't really noticeable with these, do you think it's still worth getting?

I have stock shock with tanabe spring, and I'm loving the look and the ride quality too. Tiny bit firmer but not harsh yet.

But it's all depends on how low and how much comfort ride quality you're willing to trade.

Do you have any pictures? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

coming from a modifed car, you would have to grab the attention of the police before they will scrutinise your car.

if you're still running stock wheels, they wont know much better, especially with the IS.

Anyone know whats a good price for installing springs in Perth/WA?

And if getting a lexus dealer to install them will allow me to keep my new car warranty?

I doubt you'll have insurance issues as long as you notify them. My IS250 has Tein S-techs which are noticeably stiffer, but liveable (with 19's). If you're still under new car warranty, past experience is they wouldn't void it (unless any problem that arises is directly related to the modification).

• 3 weeks later...

mine before and after F Sport springs on 20 inch wheels

Im just wondering can you feel the car is a little bit under power (or heavier) and more fuel consumption after you hv changed to 20inch wheels?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone, I have an original Lexus IS250X, which is an Australian delivery. The first "X" modelthan someone was limited to 250 units, came with 18" wheels & had factory lowered suspension. My question is, Do I need to order different height springs compared to someone who gets lowered springs for a standard IS250? When I have compared the standard IS250 ride height with the ride height of my IS250X the difference is quite considerate.

I have had the car since new, & while there is no difference between the new "X" models of today & any other IS250 in terms of ride height, in 2007 there was. Many Thanks to iIv1004s..