As mentioned before.... It depends on how crazy do you want to go. Also how much you can be bothered with your setup and the roads you drive on.

For example I run 19X9.5 and 19x11 with BC Coilovers.

Looks cool however the reality is......

They scrape even with pumped guards.

They kill your inner guards

Potholes ruin your guards if you run it slammed and hit some roadworks.

No Fatties in the back.

You have to muck around with pre-load, height and spring rates to get the mix of ride, comfort, bound and rebound right. You can only fine tune with the dampers.

Angry gf due to mucking around with car.

extra angry gf for buying another set of stupid dished wheels.

Police no longer your friend.

post-6654-0-00461800-1402592039_thumb.jp

• Like 1

As mentioned before.... It depends on how crazy do you want to go. Also how much you can be bothered with your setup and the roads you drive on.

For example I run 19X9.5 and 19x11 with BC Coilovers.

Looks cool however the reality is......

They scrape even with pumped guards.

They kill your inner guards

Potholes ruin your guards if you run it slammed and hit some roadworks.

No Fatties in the back.

You have to muck around with pre-load, height and spring rates to get the mix of ride, comfort, bound and rebound right. You can only fine tune with the dampers.

Angry gf due to mucking around with car.

extra angry gf for buying another set of stupid dished wheels.

Police no longer your friend.

Thanks for your reply, I don't want to go crazy low at all. The 2007 IS250X had lowered suspension standard. They are nothing like the height of the newer "X" model. I don't want deep dish rims just something nice in a 19 Inch, As far as the lowering goes I just want it level front & back with the guards sitting just off the tyres. I'm not going for massively wider wheels. Maybe 1/2 Inch to an inch wider maximum. I will post a few photos tomorrow. Thanks for your help. The writing below is from Wikipedia -

Lexus introduced a new badge into its lineup in 2007 – a new "X-Package" which was introduced into a number of countries. In the Australian market, it was introduced to celebrate the sale of the 5000th IS 250 in Australia.[69] The IS 250 X came standard with: sport tuned suspension, exclusive 18-inch alloy five-spoke wheels, premium Mark Levinson 14 speaker stereo, moonroof, satellite navigation, illuminated scuff plates, rear camera and sports pedals, and a front lip spoiler.[69] The "X" also came in 3 colors: Onyx Black, Vermillion Red and Metallic Silver.[69] In order to retain the "exclusive" image, only 260 were released in the 2007 calendar year. The pricing started at A$64,390 for the 6-speed manual and rose toA$66,990 for the 6-speed semi-automatic.[69]

I have had the car since new, & while there is no difference between the new "X" models of today & any other IS250 in terms of ride height, in 2007 there was. Many Thanks to iIv1004s..

if memory serves me right

the X uses the Sports suspension out of the 2005-2009 on the serise 1 IS250'

after seeing a number of X in our club and comparing them to stock height

X vs Sports vs Sports lux vs Presteige

the X and the Sports were virtually same height

not noticeable unless you put them next to each other (X vs Presteige)

and no im not talking about the X's in the later serise 3

this test was done way back when the X's first came out

I have had the car since new, & while there is no difference between the new "X" models of today & any other IS250 in terms of ride height, in 2007 there was. Many Thanks to iIv1004s..

if memory serves me right

the X uses the Sports suspension out of the 2005-2009 on the serise 1 IS250'

after seeing a number of X in our club and comparing them to stock height

X vs Sports vs Sports lux vs Presteige

the X and the Sports were virtually same height

not noticeable unless you put them next to each other (X vs Presteige)

and no im not talking about the X's in the later serise 3

this test was done way back when the X's first came out

Thank-you for your help. There is a car on the previous page that is also silver & has the exact ride height that I'm after. It's owned by "Che_Ryan

If you happen to be on the forum or if anyone else knows what setup has been used I would be very grateful to know. Many Thanks to "RotorRian" & "ilv1004s"

• 3 months later...