Hi, I wish to purchase these Lexus Pedal Kit from the US and want to know about the parking brake pedal, which apparently is not available on their parts list. If anyone in the group can advise, I noticed another member had an ISF with one on. post-4790-0-51451100-1395636776_thumb.jp

Hi Ricky, the parking brake doesn't have one from the official factory kit. If you check ebay you can get Chinese pedals that have it but I don't think they're very nice... the factory kit as pictured looks a lot more OEM.

Hi Ricky, the parking brake doesn't have one from the official factory kit. If you check ebay you can get Chinese pedals that have it but I don't think they're very nice... the factory kit as pictured looks a lot more OEM.

Thanks, I will get the genuine Lexus ones (a bit expensive) but I don't want the accelerator to get stuck. I have seen the proper installation instructions for the accelerator pedal.

Correct.Park brake pedal is just rubber.

Don't buy it from the US. It's for the left hand drive variant. What that means is the foot-rest will not fit.

I thought that was a case too but a forum member bought a kit from Sewell and said it fit no problems: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/8097-sports-pedals/?p=17171

why would the accelerator pedal get stuck?

This was just a tongue and cheek comment.

QUOTATION FROM 2010

"Toward the end of last summer (September 30, 2009) we reported that Toyota was recalling 3.8 million cars and trucks made between 2005 and 2010. At the time, the company claimed this was merely a problem with “accessory all-weather floor mats” sold in some models. In other words, it had nothing to do with the vehicle itself. The remedy was simply to remove the driver-side floor mat.

Shortly after, in late November, we reported on another Toyota announcement that they would “fix” the problem by installing shorter accelerators in the recalled Toyota and Lexus vehicles. So it wasn’t a poorly designed floor mat, but a gas pedal that was too long?

Pedal_Assembly.jpgSkip forward to January of 2010 and things begin to heat up for Toyota. They announced a recall on millions of vehicles made between 2005 and 2010 because of a mechanical problem with the accelerator.

And just today (February 2nd, 2010) CNN is reporting that federal investigators are looking into whether the sticking accelerators are a result of a mechanical problem or if the issue has to do with the electrical system – in which case, the recent fix announced by Toyota would not actually be addressing the problem".

Don't buy it from the US. It's for the left hand drive variant. What that means is the foot-rest will not fit.

I thought that was a case too but a forum member bought a kit from Sewell and said it fit no problems: http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/8097-sports-pedals/?p=17171

Yes I understand, but think about it, the left hand drive pedals haven't really changed, the accelerator is on the right hand side, the brake is in the middle and the footrest is on the left and the slope of the footrest is still the same.

Yes I understand, but think about it, the left hand drive pedals haven't really changed, the accelerator is on the right hand side, the brake is in the middle and the footrest is on the left and the slope of the footrest is still the same.

The total cost from eBay US is $137.47 + $31.38 postage, so total Australian Dollars $168.85 delivered. Sewell's postage is not viable.

These are the part numbers but I don't think any Lexus dealer will be able to match this price.

I wonder if any forum members are also interested.

post-4790-0-19211200-1395654889_thumb.jp

post-4790-0-06842100-1395654947_thumb.jp

post-4790-0-88812900-1395655002_thumb.jp

I bought a set from Sewell and the footrest doesn't fit.

That is useful info now. Therefore I will have to buy the footrest from Lexus and the rest from eBay, I will have to price everything now and see if the cost is viable. Thanks for that.

Can you let us know how much the footwell will set you back?

The Footrest from Lexus in the previous 2008 forum post was $190.00 and that was in 2008 so that puts me out of getting that.

Accelerator and Brake is $123.69 delivered so I can live with that.