Average Petrol Per 100 Klms

chris_e_fresh

hi All,

Almost been given the green light to upgrade the is250 to an isf early next year but the mrs is going on about petrol blah blah blah

Currently i use about 10L/100klms and car sales has it listed as 9l/100 klm

it has the ISF 11.4L / 100km

just trying to gauge what roughly you guys spend on petrol and average / 100 klms, so then i can munipulate what you guys tell me and convince her hahah

thanks in advance

chris

Chris, to allow the IS F owners to give appropriate answers to your question, could I clarify what kind of driving do you do?

At 10 L/100 km average for a 2IS, I suspect you're doing a reasonable amount of Sunday or outer metro travel to balance some city driving. Is that correct?

to and from work freeways generally no in traaffic as i start early and finish early

and general driving for my job through out sydney

i pick and choose whats roads to drive on as i cant handle traffic so i know alot of back streets so i dont get caught with the sunday drivers!

Most of my long runs I generally get in the low 9's.

If i've gone for a day trip - mix of highway, city and spirited driving on the hills, it's usually 10.5 to 11.

I usually don't drive in the city or for work, but on the odd occasion that i've been short distances (<30k) the trip computer usually reads in the high 11's or low 12's.

A lot comes to driving style as well. While I don't drive like a maniac, I do like to accelerate off the line and out of corners - just to hear that exhaust !

I've not yet had a chance to do a freeway run but three full tanks worth in Sydney peak hour traffic with a light foot is yielding around 14litres per 100kms. Avg Speed according to the trip computer of 32km/h.

I've not yet had a chance to do a freeway run but three full tanks worth in Sydney peak hour traffic with a light foot is yielding around 14litres per 100kms. Avg Speed according to the trip computer of 32km/h.

this is what i thought it will be ^^

so realistcally it would be like $30 a week in petrol give or take

mrs e fresh wont be told that amount hahaha - the funny thing is she isent a tight ass its just the whole v8 thing

also you guys run 98 or 95?

i havent even test drove one as of yet as if i get in one i'll sell mine straight away

About 450kms per tank seems to be average for my ISF. Sometimes less, sometimes more..... Wouldn't be banking on much more than 500kms or so even if you baby it all the time.

The missus drives it to work during the week, and I get to blow out the cobwebs on the weekend lol! :p

well firstly you should tell your better half when you buy a car as such fuel consumption is irrelevant what matters is the fun factor, you'll be more likely to be easily giving in to her requests to go to places she wants because you'll just want to drive it at every opportunity. Having said that my long time average over the years was about 11-12L/100km and 35-40 on the track the best on a long trip from Perth to Syd was 7.8L so it really depends on what you want from it and how you treat it. Bottom line is for a big V8 it is hands down one of the most economical cars around due to the 8 speed gearbox.

So, Chris, based on the above responses, the average for you should be around 12 L/100 km. (For argument's sake, let's not be too optimistic, but we will discount 14 L since that's only expected when no freeway driving is involved).

If you drive 10,000 km a year, that's an extra 200 litres of fuel over your current car, or around $320 of 98 octane fuel. What's the cost of your alternative options for a replacement car? If you are choosing between, say, a $70,000 IS F over a new $70,000 car that can average 10L/100 km, then you could argue that the extra $320 of fuel each year is more than compensated by the lower depreciation costs of the pre-loved IS F ;)

• 2 weeks later...

thanks fo your help guys~

and thanks lexus nerd now you put it that way there is no way she can say no

im almost going to tell her i'll stop collecting air max 90's to get the car and she knows how much i love my air max's they are like my babies lol

• 3 months later...

Iam getting 17-19 /100km after first week with IS-F all short Sydney city driving, but with aircon on, nothing aggressive.....

My IS250 was about 11-12 /100km with aircon on....

everyone seems to be so much lower here.... LOL

11-14....spirited driving 11...lol. I wish. Ok, mines not stock though.

I'm getting 22 minimum up to 32 with...some "focused" driving on some windy roads (nothing silly or life endangering to others and certainly off the mainstream roads).

I can say though I have seen 14L/100km during sedate city driving, just trickling along.

It all depends on that right foot.

• Like 1

yep 11-14 is for my IS250 lol !
17-19 for ISF is with light peddle hahahaha Good thing petrol is so cheap ! can waste a bit more now days ahah

Around the suburb's 14 L/100km. On the highway around 8 L/100km. But the best and most fun was at Eastern Creek, I managed to get 178 km from a full tank, which included about 40 km on the motorway to get there. I like Shell 98 fuel.