Sorry to start a thread for such a trivial question.

Am still looking for the right car.

I am hoping to go to look at this car next week:

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/faulconbridge/cars-vans-utes/2009-lexus-is250-gse20r-09-upgrade-sports-luxury-maroon-6-speed-sequential-auto-sedan/1060801312

I have rung the dealer and expressed my doubts that it is a sport luxury, he claims it is.

I thought all SL cars had the woodgrain trim? Is this so or not so?

A Prestige is fine for me, but knowledge that it is will help me pay the right price.

Thanks in advance,

John

nope just a base model

for starters

the bumper

1.no headlight washers

2.Centre console near the gearshift (no wood grain)

3.Steering wheel control no Radar cruise control)

4.Door trims (no seat memory position)

Thanks all,

yes the dealer reckons the marks of a Sport Luxury are sat nav and a reversing camera. Seems he is wrong. Also reckons at 96,000km this is an "average" mileage car for its age, when to me it is high. I am concerned about the oil consumption problem on 06 - 10 cars, question is how can you ever tell this without owning the car for a while?

Without looking at it, I don't think I would be willing to pay more than $22K for this car.

Missed out on a 09 sapphire Prestige with EMV recently that had 33,000km and was perfect in every way. Car went for $30K.

If you have the money, I would personally prefer f sport or even sport luxury with slightly higher kms

90k plus for a 2009 car is a bit high but Lexus realibility is top notch, just check the service record

I bought a 06 Sport luxury 12 months ago with 110k on the clock for less than 20k with all dealership service record, there is a big service in 90k which will cost you an arm and a leg of service in dealership

Theoretically - If a dealer sells you a car as a SL but it turns out to be a prestige, can you take them to the ACC for false advertising?

Yes. False advertising or even "bait advertising" - where their advertised model is "sold out" but they still advertise it to get you to the showroom with the intent to sell you something else - is illegal.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. Do seek your own professional legal advice.)

The car is sold, did you buy it? I wouldn't worry about what the dealer says (unless it is a Lexus Dealership) because they really don't know. If you are after a Lexus then know your model, the group can help. I would know everything about the IS Series but nothing about the GS Series.

The car is sold, did you buy it?

No - was not me. I could not find the time to get to Springwood to look this week. And 96,000km is a bit too much for me.

there is another on Carsales I like - it has a moonroof which I dislike. This one is a prestige and has 45,000km.

Its going to be hard for the dealer to accept I want to pay less because it has a moonroof.

The car is sold, did you buy it?

No - was not me. I could not find the time to get to Springwood to look this week. And 96,000km is a bit too much for me.

there is another on Carsales I like - it has a moonroof which I dislike. This one is a prestige and has 45,000km.

Its going to be hard for the dealer to accept I want to pay less because it has a moonroof.

lol moonroof was a paid option

and majority of the buyers want moon roof in a luxury car