Turning Off 20Km/h Auto Door Locking My12

Monyx

I sat in in the garage, manual in hand trying this finger dance to switch off the auto door locking as per manual - but I don't get the confirmation signal (doors lock and unlock) so don't think it worked - 1am now so not going to driving to find out.

The method to toggle the auto speed door lock is:

IGN ON

within 10s move shifter to N then press and hold driver door lock for min 5s (padlock lock button)

doors should lock then unlock to confirm change.

I get nothing. I've tried with a few variation i.e. use the brake to move the shifter with the engine off vs the shift lock button near the shifter, foot remain on brake during whole process/foot brake released after shifting.

Just as an aside after jingling around doing this I turned the car off then on again and low and behold my Iphone4s which was still tethered to the USB was recognised - I previously couldn't get it recognised as an ipod device when I first plugged it in with IGN to access (manual states iphone not supported).

I remember enabling the speed-linked auto-locking on my MY10 IS 250 and it worked. The only reason that I can think of this no longer working on an MY12 IS would be that it's now an owner-configurable setting through the navigation system. That's certainly the case on later IS and/or CT models. However, the US Owners Manual for the 2012 IS F still describes the procedure you documented as the way to both set up and cancel the speed-linked door locking function.

I did notice, however, the first step in the Owners Manual states that you should close all doors. So, dumb question: Did you close all doors before performing your first documented step of switching the ENGINE START STOP switch to IGNITION ON mode?

I remember enabling the speed-linked auto-locking on my MY10 IS 250 and it worked. The only reason that I can think of this no longer working on an MY12 IS would be that it's now an owner-configurable setting through the navigation system. That's certainly the case on later IS and/or CT models. However, the US Owners Manual for the 2012 IS F still describes the procedure you documented as the way to both set up and cancel the speed-linked door locking function.

I did notice, however, the first step in the Owners Manual states that you should close all doors. So, dumb question: Did you close all doors before performing your first documented step of switching the ENGINE START STOP switch to IGNITION ON mode?

This appears to be the key to the problem. I tried the procedure this afternoon in my 2010 IS250 and couldn't get it to work at first. But then I tried it again, but this time I made sure that the whole procedure was completed within 10 seconds of closing the door. So, here is what I did to make it work:

1. With engine off, park brake on, but no foot on brake - sit on driver side seat and close door;

2. Press engine START/STOP button twice to enter IGNITION ON mode;

3. Press the Shift Release button above the gear stick and shift the stick into Neutral;

4. Hold the door lock button down for 5 seconds, then release;

5. As long as you commenced holding the door lock button down within 10 seconds of closing the door, the doors should unlock and lock again as soon as you release the door lock button, to indicate that the procedure worked.

To reverse the procedure, go through exactly the same steps all over again (it toggles the feature on and off).

Excellent feedback - thanks I got it working tonight :)

2 things I did differently were effect the sequence immediately after closing door and releasing the door lock button after 5s, instead of over-estimating and keeping it held for 7-10s 'just to be sure'.