Altezza Gita Dash Panel Indicator

We purchased a 2001 Altezza Gita 3L in NZ around 8 years ago. It was a Japanese import and had no user manuals etc.

Been working perfectly ever since until a day ago when one of the dash panel indicators came on immediately on starting.

It is the one at the top right of this picture just above the fuel gauge and looks like an engine block maybe?.

Can someone please tell me what this indicator means? Cannot find anything describing the panel anywhere.

Many thanks for any advice.

Thanks also to plankton007 whose picture I have used from another thread to illustrate the indicator in question.

67hyjEL.jpg

According to the owners manual, its a 'Malfunction Indicator lamp'

Which indicates there is a problem somewhere in the engine electrical system or electronic throttle control system.

Unless your gas pedal doesn't work properly, it is likely the former of the two.

Thanks for your input. The throttle works as per normal, and so I have just booked it into a garage to plug in an analysis monitor to see what is going on.

Had the car checked and they found an error - P0135 O2 Sensor B1 S1

They reset the fault, but it immediately came back on starting.

They said it was the O2 Sensor and that can be replaced. Here are some notes I found ..

The code means that there is a problem with the heater element circuit of the heated oxygen sensor. The control module monitors how long it take the sensor to warm up and start sending an adequate signal. The code is triggered when the sensor is taking too long to warm up. Water getting inside the heated oxygen sensor connector can caused the heated oxygen sensor fuse to blow. Before replacing the sensor, check for the condition of the heated oxygen sensor fuse and connectors. If the sensor and connector are OK, replacing the O2 Sensor 1 usually takes care of the problem

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p0135_toyota.html#ixzz3SE8SAP1s

The car is running perfectly normally apart from the dash indicator being on.