Hey all,

Got the 90,000 km service (BIG ONE) coming up in the next few months, for my '08 IS250 SL MY09.

Thinking of not taking to the dealer.

But does anyone know the recommended specs/viscosity that the fluid should be?

I keep getting different answers from different sources. Lexus dealers unfortunately don't sell their differential fluid by the litre. So I can't ask my mechanic to order in genuine fluid.

Thanks in advance.

It should say in the owners manual what specs the oil should be.

When I checked the owners manual and service books. All its says is API GL-5. Doesn't say what viscosity, or if it has to be a full synthetic or mineral base.

OEM is the Best

Well I don't know what OEM is. Tried calling the dealers, they couldn't give me a straight answer.

go to you toyota parts dealer

or even lexus of black burn parts

ask for the genuine diff oil for toyota/lexus

Lexus dealers unfortunately don't sell their differential fluid by the litre. So I can't ask my mechanic to order in genuine fluid.

As I said earlier. The Lexus Dealers Parts Dept. in Melbourne don't sell their differential oil. Last time I asked Toyota for Lexus parts they couldn't help. So even if Toyota has differential oil, can they guarantee that its suited for a Lexus IS250?