Hi,

I have just recently added wireless phone charging & wireless phone display to my IS250.

The phone I used is a Nexus 5 running Android 5.0.1. I created a custom App called CarCast to automate the connection. I’m making the App available for you to download and use free. However you’ll have to download some supporting Apps and there is a cost for the supporting App. I have no affiliation with the 3rd party Apps.

Click here for the CarCast App and instructions.

I’ve still got some spare components to make the Wireless Charging kits. If people are interested I just need to order one more component to make these up. Let me know and I can put some together. Otherwise enjoy the DIY and show it off to your friends, look no wires :)

I've just updated the CarCast App to Version 1.1. There was a bug when you switched OFF/ON the CarCast App. Check the link for the latest version and release notes. Please uninstall the previous version before installing the new version.

• 2 months later...

This is great! Tempted to pick up a second hand Android phone to get this setup in the car.

Motivetronics do you do installations? If so how much would it cost?

Hi unco,

Yes I do installations. Did you want the wireless charger installed too? I can source all components as well. Let me know what you would like.

• 2 weeks later...

I am now sourcing all these components as a complete kit. Please note there is a lead time as I have to order parts of it from the States.

$710 plus $20 postage Australia wide.

I am also selling the QI wireless charger on it's own for $15 plus $10 postage Australia wide. This can also be removed from the kit if your phone does not support this function, I will deduct $15 out of the kit price.

I also offer installation for Melbourne Metro.

If you bring your car to me, installation cost is $240. This includes measuring your phone and modifying the glove box for the wireless charger.

I can also do onsite installation for the Melbourne Metro area. Contact me for a price as it is dependent on travel times.