p0c1

For a 2 turbo litre engine, I would say it's pretty good,

it's definitely not tuned for high performance, a bit more safe / balanced set-up (performance & economy)

On the Eco and Normal, I would say it felt lazy/heavy/normal.. not too much power unless you slam the pedal to the floor to accelerate,

but when change it to Sport & Sport +, felt completely different..the sweet rev range is from around 1500 rpm.. which is typical turbo engine i guess...

I'm just happy the power's there when you need it...(as long as you don't forget to change the Drive Mode settings though..)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting around 11'ish around city driving

havent really get around to drive much..

still 400 on my odo

:(

Hello,

Went and test drove a new NX200t yesterday - really liked the style, inside feel and was very happy with it performance.

The wait isn't good though, your looking at 4 month wait for a nx200t luxury - Lexus I'm sure will be happy with the demand.

The only thing I wasn't so keen on was it was kinda noisy on the motorway, which was ok but not as quiet as I expected.

Such a breath of fresh air - $58k you get everything in a Mazdaaaa cx5 GT (less sunroof), Hyundai Santa Fe, Audi Q5, BMW x3, even the Toyota Rav4 cruiser is circa $55k, kluger grande is $65k - this cars value is good, I wonder what resale will be like?

• 1 month later...

I received my Sports Luxury 200T last Thursday, the fuel economy is low 11's so far with 550K on the clock, the car is as good or better than expected.

It takes quite a while to learn all the different menus and sub menus.

Everyone that has seen it is amazed at the appointments and quality of the car, those that are saying that it is a glorified and over priced Rav 4, obviously have not driven both cars, I compared the Rav4, Mazda CX5, Ausi Q5 and BMW X3, the first 2 come a long way down the line, the Germans may have the name but none of the refinement that the NX has, my daughter bought a Q5 and was extremely happy with it for 6 months, until last week, she's sorry that she didn't wait, my wife drives a current BMW 328i, she also wants to swap it for mine, the only issue, if you can call it an issue is the fuel consumption as I get between 8 and 9l/100 in the BMW and 11's in the Lexus, other than that, it is a better car than the others.

BTW, I got mine from outside Sydney as the Sydney Dealers wouldn't negotiate below 80K, I got mine for much less, contact me if you are looking at getting a new Lexus.

Cheers

Mlo

• 4 months later...

Hi Mlo,

I am looking to buy a Lexus NX200t. I am interested in getting a good deal. Can you please tell me the dealer who gave you the best deal? Appreciate this very much. I am in Sydney but willing to look elsewhere if it saves me money. Planning to go to Parramatta Lexus for a test drive very soon.

Cheers

Nlf

I received my Sports Luxury 200T last Thursday, the fuel economy is low 11's so far with 550K on the clock, the car is as good or better than expected.

It takes quite a while to learn all the different menus and sub menus.

Everyone that has seen it is amazed at the appointments and quality of the car, those that are saying that it is a glorified and over priced Rav 4, obviously have not driven both cars, I compared the Rav4, Mazda CX5, Ausi Q5 and BMW X3, the first 2 come a long way down the line, the Germans may have the name but none of the refinement that the NX has, my daughter bought a Q5 and was extremely happy with it for 6 months, until last week, she's sorry that she didn't wait, my wife drives a current BMW 328i, she also wants to swap it for mine, the only issue, if you can call it an issue is the fuel consumption as I get between 8 and 9l/100 in the BMW and 11's in the Lexus, other than that, it is a better car than the others.

BTW, I got mine from outside Sydney as the Sydney Dealers wouldn't negotiate below 80K, I got mine for much less, contact me if you are looking at getting a new Lexus.

Cheers

Mlo

Hi Mlo,

I am looking to buy a Lexus NX200t. I am interested in getting a good

deal. Can you please tell me the dealer who gave you the best deal?

Appreciate this very much. I am in Sydney but willing to look elsewhere

if it saves me money. Planning to go to Parramatta Lexus for a test

drive very soon.

Cheers

Nlf

Pretty sure Parramatta Lexus will match or beat any small regional dealership.

Plus if they're your local dealer it will be nice to go back to them after you pick it up for them to show you how everything works, or if you have any little issues.

You buy Lexus for their legendary after sales service.

It's a bit hard to get that if you have to drive back out of Sydney each time.

• 4 weeks later...

got mine from Sutherland 2 weeks ago, NX 200t Sports Luxury, Jan 16 built (to be delivered in March 16). I paid $75k DA for it, very happy and cannot wait :)

• 1 month later...

Car finally got here.

Delivery a bit disorganised. No 'gift' like when I bought the previous one. Realised wheel locks on the contract not installed.

Anyway, car is gorgeous and very happy.

Have had additional accessories installed by Lexus service dept. Save on LCT with post delivery installs. Service dept excellent as always and have done a great job.

Car great to drive. Only issue is fuel consumption. Suspect roof racks contributing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I got a tentative date of Jan 16th for my Lexus 200T (F-Sport with EP2). I have a new question for all of you who got your car already. Has somebody got the 'Opulent'- vehicle paint protection for their car?

* Is it really needed?

* How much does it cost?

* If needed, why is it needed?

As my car delivery is due anytime, I need to make a decision so greatly appreciate if anyone here can help.

Thanks

Nlf

On 4/11/2015 at 1:55 PM, Duy said:

got mine from Sutherland 2 weeks ago, NX 200t Sports Luxury, Jan 16 built (to be delivered in March 16). I paid $75k DA for it, very happy and cannot wait :)

That is a very good price Duy, well done for your negotiation.

22 hours ago, NewLexusFan said:

Hi all,

I got a tentative date of Jan 16th for my Lexus 200T (F-Sport with EP2). I have a new question for all of you who got your car already. Has somebody got the 'Opulent'- vehicle paint protection for their car?

* Is it really needed?

* How much does it cost?

* If needed, why is it needed?

As my car delivery is due anytime, I need to make a decision so greatly appreciate if anyone here can help.

Thanks

Nlf

Car has a self healing top coat. It is a soft clear coat that is supposed to flow over minor scratches. Top coat treatments are not recommended.

On 7/1/2016 at 8:31 PM, Miop4000 said:

Car has a self healing top coat. It is a soft clear coat that is supposed to flow over minor scratches. Top coat treatments are not recommended.

Hi,

Opulent brochure that Lexus guys gave me while booking the car in October says it is a nano-technology permanent paint protection coating. Check this out:

http://www.motorone.com/products/opulent/?state=New+South+Wales

Were you offered this one while booking and did they insist on this when your car got delivered?  They claim it has a life time warranty too. Have no clue on its cost though.

Thanks

Nlf

My dealer is pretty sensible. They half heartedly mentioned it was available.  Everyone knows it's just expensive polish etc. Dealers can really put the hard sell on because it's a high margin product. You negotiate hard on the car's price then when they have you tired try to sell you this rubbish. 

Once in my younger days went for the rust proofing with lifetime warranty. However, to maintain the warranty the car had to have a high water pressure clean by the installers of the gunk every 2 years or warranty void. 

Didn't follow thru when I found out the exorbitant price of the wash. 

If you want to seal the car for added protection, lots on the market that you can apply yourself and only have to apply once a year. Can help protect the self healing coat particularly from bird poop.