Nx 200T Sat Nav

Mlo1956

Hi all

Wondering if anyone has managed to link the voice of the Sat Nav to the radio, if you have the radio on and an instruction comes on, it is barely audible as the radio stays on the same volume.

Also, does anyone know how to manage the info you get warnings for? I don't want to hear about school zones 24/7!!!

Appreciative of any help.

Cheers

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael, and welcome to the Club! I've moved your post to the NX forum, as it's a query rather than an introduction to yourself.

Your Navigation System can be configured so that the sound of your favourite tunes on the radio won't be interrupted by the voice guidance, but not the other way around. All you can do is one of the following:

1. Turn up the voice guidance volume by going to MENU -> Setup -> Voice, and adjusting "Voice volume".

2. Turn down the radio.

3. Forget the voice guidance and pay more attention to the nav system display. Use the cursor-right button on the right-hand side of your steering wheel until the navigation system information appears on the multi-information display between your speedometer and tachometer; that may make the navigation instructions more noticeable while driving.

To change the alerts you hear, such as red light camera and school zone warnings, go to MENU -> Setup -> Navigation -> Detailed navi. settings -> Driver support information, then select/unselect the relevant items in the list.

Thanks for your help, looks like it is a common thing given that a BMW and an Audi handle it the same way.

Next thing is that I had to turn off the school zone warning as it is on 24/7, you'd think that it would recognise the day of the week and time of day and not provide those, I live in an area where there are 6 schools within 2kms and I go past numerous school zones in my way to and from work, unfortunately for me, well before and after school times, between those and speed/red light camera warnings was a constant warning sound, most annoying when you are on the phone.

Other than that, we are loving it and it is likely to be the first Lexus of many, my wife likes it much better than her fully optioned current series BMW 328 and so does my daughter that drives a Q5.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your help, looks like it is a common thing given that a BMW and an Audi handle it the same way.

Next thing is that I had to turn off the school zone warning as it is on 24/7, you'd think that it would recognise the day of the week and time of day and not provide those, I live in an area where there are 6 schools within 2kms and I go past numerous school zones in my way to and from work, unfortunately for me, well before and after school times, between those and speed/red light camera warnings was a constant warning sound, most annoying when you are on the phone.

Other than that, we are loving it and it is likely to be the first Lexus of many, my wife likes it much better than her fully optioned current series BMW 328 and so does my daughter that drives a Q5.

I strongly agree with your comments about the school zone warnings and I wrote to Lexus Australia about this.

Surely there is an internal clock in the car which a trainee programmer of the satnav system could test the time of day and even the day of the week and disable the school zone alerts in an appropriate manner. I would be happy for the school zone alerts to be disabled between 6pm and 6am and all day on weekends but at all other times have the alerts enabled.

TO quote the reply I got back from Lexus Australia:

"Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. Every little bit helps Lexus in our continuous pursuit of perfection.

I would like to confirm for you that all feedback is taken very seriously and as such yours has been passed along to the correct parties for review.

Should you require anything further, please don’t hesitate to ask."

Make of the reply as you will :angry:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...