Which Year Is250 Should I Buy Within My Budget ($25k)

The F Sport gets ... sportier power steering feedback.

Sorry to butt in, but how is this achieved and is it possible to convert a prestige to achieve this?

Thanks! :)

From my days as a test driver for a certain car company.

Usually in pre-production you will test around 10 x steering systems and finalise on 3-5 for production depending on grade or driving experience you want for that vehicle.

You then tune the steering with different pressures, pumps, pulleys and gears (in the rack) to get the desired result for the wheel and tyre package.

So any of the above could be different between the F-Sport and Standard models. Also if its a power assisted rack then you can do a heap more tuning via software so you may only need one rack.

• Like 1

If you are really only after a F Sport because of the body kit, (and not because of the sports seats / steering wheel),

My suggestion would be to fit the sport kit post fact.

On 2011 models, the F Sport kit only consists of the fog light lip additions (around $250 new) and the boot lip spoiler.

You could pretty much have the kit painted and fitted for around $700. (That's what I am in the process of doing now).

I'm not too sure what options are available with the grill yet, (I need to find out if the radar module fits the sport grill), but there seems to be options for this as well.

The F sport seats are another matter, but keep in mind you only get heated seats in the 250/350 F Sport, (Not cooled).

I would be going for the F Sport if you wanted a sporty driving experience (as apposed to all out comfy luxury of the SL).

And if you were preferred a sporty experience, then hold off and get a 350 F Sport.

Some other stuff to keep in mind,

The F Sport doesn't get radar cruise / braking.

(Difficult / Impossible to retro fit to another model from my understanding)

The F Sport gets sports suspension, sportier power steering feedback. (LS models do not get this)

Ah thanks for clearing it up for me! I was wondering where the radar cruise control button was on the F-Sport :P

Regardless at this stage, although all that's different is the lip kit on the exterior, I think I still prefer just buying an F-Sport to get it all there already, including the F-Sport badges on the side on the wheel. Sports suspension is probably a really good plus as well!

Have had a chat with a few members and IS350 drivers, i'm leaning a lot more on an IS350 just due to it's overall power increase. Let's hope a nice one comes around within the next fortnight!

Quick question guys,

I'm offered by a dealer $36,000 (not including any government costs due to an interstate purchase) for a 2011 IS350F Sport at about 60,xxx kms. Am I looking at a good price? This is also white. I'm sitting at a maximum of 34k budget however I'd like to know the overall thoughts of the community on this price.

Thanks.

If you just want a 350 and dont care about grade and colour then have a look: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lexus-IS350-2010/SSE-AD-3452500/?Cr=0

$27,900 in QLD

I am thinking with the extra $$$ you have you can mod it and make it look and feel like the F Sport or even better.

This one has sold I believe.

Yeah, agree with rakddon. $26,00 is market value.

60,000kms is nice, but without details of condition, service history or anything else Its hard to say if its good or bad.

Essentially you are paying for the white colour (hard to find).

I keep thinking you should have a serious re-think about the F Sport.

As rakddon said, you can save yourself a lot of money (which can be spent on other things), if you are only after the F Sport because of the badges, front and rear spoiler.

It's much cheaper to get another model to look like an F Sport.

It would probably be cheaper as well to make an SL model look like an F Sport, than it would be to get the extra luxury bits that come with an SL fitted to an F Sport.

If you want the Sport package, (seats, steering wheel, suspension and body kit), and you are not looking at modding the car in future (eg shocks/springs coil overs) definitely go the F Sport.

If you are looking at the F Sport purely because it looks pretty, and you really couldn't care less about the sports seats steering and handling, then you are limiting yourself with your purchase.

If you wanted to have a good look at some is250 / is350 models, go have a look at pickes auctions at belmore today. (Inspections)

I'm not saying buy from pickles (their cars are sub quality and over priced most of the time) but they do have a couple of is250s (X Sport, Sport luxury, prestige) as well as an is350 prestige.

The colours are all silver and grey, however at least you can sit in them, start them up, and check them out to get a good idea of condition, features, and price.

The good thing is you won't have a salesman hovering over your shoulder, pressuring you to buy, so you can take your time and get to know these models before dropping 30k+ on something (or $36k on something interstate).

Quick question guys,

I'm offered by a dealer $36,000 (not including any government costs due to an interstate purchase) for a 2011 IS350F Sport at about 60,xxx kms. Am I looking at a good price? This is also white. I'm sitting at a maximum of 34k budget however I'd like to know the overall thoughts of the community on this price.

Thanks.

Seems like market value.

Thanks mate. And I'm definitely picky about the colour just due to the fact that I'm pushing my budget this far - I might as well not have any buyers remorse!

Yeah, agree with rakddon. $26,00 is market value.

60,000kms is nice, but without details of condition, service history or anything else Its hard to say if its good or bad.

Essentially you are paying for the white colour (hard to find).

I keep thinking you should have a serious re-think about the F Sport.

As rakddon said, you can save yourself a lot of money (which can be spent on other things), if you are only after the F Sport because of the badges, front and rear spoiler.

It's much cheaper to get another model to look like an F Sport.

It would probably be cheaper as well to make an SL model look like an F Sport, than it would be to get the extra luxury bits that come with an SL fitted to an F Sport.

If you want the Sport package, (seats, steering wheel, suspension and body kit), and you are not looking at modding the car in future (eg shocks/springs coil overs) definitely go the F Sport.

If you are looking at the F Sport purely because it looks pretty, and you really couldn't care less about the sports seats steering and handling, then you are limiting yourself with your purchase.

If you wanted to have a good look at some is250 / is350 models, go have a look at pickes auctions at belmore today. (Inspections)

I'm not saying buy from pickles (their cars are sub quality and over priced most of the time) but they do have a couple of is250s (X Sport, Sport luxury, prestige) as well as an is350 prestige.

The colours are all silver and grey, however at least you can sit in them, start them up, and check them out to get a good idea of condition, features, and price.

The good thing is you won't have a salesman hovering over your shoulder, pressuring you to buy, so you can take your time and get to know these models before dropping 30k+ on something (or $36k on something interstate).

I've found that the condition of the car (as it's from melbourne of lexus) is immaculate with a clear wrap at the front which has protected it from rock chips. Overall the car should be near new - the dealer explained in detail the condition of the exterior, interior and engine - seems to be in immaculate shape (leather has no sagging/marks either!)

I should have explained a little further why I'm so adamant on F-Sports and not want to get a prestige. The major point personally for myself is because my mentality is currently at: "If I'm going to push my budget all the way - I would not want to settle on anything and regret it later. This means settling for a prestige (which don't get me wrong, it's still luxurious in all it's glory), and for a different colour." The changes with the F-Sports in comparison to the prestige wow's me - changes in suspension, overall aesthetics, ML sound system are all reasons why I would want the F-Sports more.

That being said, the SL currently on the market are even more expensive then the F-Sports with a few k difference. Not having cooled seats is not a big down point for me, same with radar cruise control. Not trying to sound ignorant, it just seems the F-Sports has too much to offer over the prestige for me to consider otherwise.

That being said, we have come to an agreement of 35k, refundable $1000 deposit placed and flights booked to go down to Vic. I'm excited!

Congrats! You won't regret going 350. If you had a 250, you'll get bored & want more power eventually. The 350 2IS is plenty fast enough for the street & beats most other stockish cars & holds it own against the rest (within reason of course). I love the diff ratio & brutal 1st gear acceleration (3IS lacks that).

IMO, just tint it, get a gfx rear, drop it a bit, exhaust & intake. Rims can come later if you want.

You have some good times ahead.

Sorry I've been flat out the last few days with work and whatnot! Picked her up on Wednesday, 9 hour drive back to Sydney and she sat there for about a day before I had time to get the blue-slip, ctp, rego etc done (government/registration costs really put a hole in me).

Anyways, she's a beaut! I'll upload some photos later as I don't have any clear ones. The car is amazing, really smooth when you're just cruising and has a strong kick when you really need that acceleration!

congrats finally the hunt is over

Thanks mate! :) love it! Definitely no regrets going 350.

Congrats! You won't regret going 350. If you had a 250, you'll get bored & want more power eventually. The 350 2IS is plenty fast enough for the street & beats most other stockish cars & holds it own against the rest (within reason of course). I love the diff ratio & brutal 1st gear acceleration (3IS lacks that).

IMO, just tint it, get a gfx rear, drop it a bit, exhaust & intake. Rims can come later if you want.

You have some good times ahead.

Thanks brother. I can definitely agree with the power - giving it a hit especially from a rolling start really shows how much power it has! I'll most likely just be adding a few minor mods to it - but first things first I'll be putting a nano paint protection/detail on the car first since the area I'm usually around has a lot of idiots that key/damage cars for fun.

But definitely after that I'll be getting the windows tinted and then looking to get the f-sports intake in the future.

any update?

found a black version and private sale too...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Lexus-IS350-2011/SSE-AD-3500

The black on that is350 looks amazing! But i'm truly in love with white!