Only had our 2010 prestige for a couple of months. Noted the huge amounts of dust the front brakes generate. Cleaning the wheels may become a full time job. While they were off I measured the discs and pads. Discs are down to 26.4mm (from 28.0mm) and pads around 6mm remains.

This car has only done 35,000km,

Is this wear and dust typical of all IS 250 from factory? What are the best rotors and pads to fit?

I will be maintaining this car myself - no dealer repairs or service unless absolutely necessary.

I too would like recommendations on replacement rotors and pads as i have an MY13 IS250 and the dust is driving me mad,not to mention the rotor wear.I've only done 21K!!

I had my 2010 IS250 from new, and brake dust from day 1, so I think ANY alternative pads on the front would be a huge improvement, I am thinking ceramic.

45,000kms.

I do have an IS350 F Sport Brake Kit for sale if your interested in upgrading your IS250 brakes to the bigger IS350 brakes.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/13072-fs-parting-my-2011-is350-f-sport/

Sorry rakddon, not interested in your bigger brakes. The brakes are powerful enough as is for the 2.5 engine. What I want to know is what combination of pads/rotors will stop wear and dust.

Yes Lexus brake pads make too much dust, & I was always cleaning the mags. you could try Project Mu, Type NS 400 street pads, which are low dust & good quality. the standard rotors should be fine.

Click on the link, or copy & paste, and have a look. you will have to pick your vehicle.

http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/pad_ns.php

OK, so the front are approx Aus$200 delivered, forum members please advise...

QUESTION 1: Would need to change the backs as well (minimum dust) or OK to run these pads on the front only.

QUESTION 2: If existing pads are still OK then would I need to machine the existing rotors.

You can do just the front pads, that's all that I have changed. I'll change over the back pads when they wear out. The standard rear pads now make more dust then the fronts.

I would only machine the rotors if they were badly grooved. if you machine them, your taking life of the rotors.

• 2 years later...

Hi All,

I have a set of the original Lexus Low Dusting Brake Pads for sale - price $250 + delivery.

I'm selling my IS250, and I bought three sets of these (two for the front, one for the back) a few years ago.  The car now has the low dusting pads front & back ... but they are also long wearing so I've never used the second front set :)

Shoot me an IM if you'd like them. Pickup is welcome (I'm located in Melbourne)!

Cheers,

David

• 6 months later...

Just to update.

At 61,000km the front discs were down to 25.7mm.  Bought a set of DBA non slotted discs (kangaroo paw) and Bendix pads all up for $280.  (makes the above post's $250 front pads seem a bit expensive)

Fitted them and the dust is gone.  Wheels stay reasonably clean, brakes are as good as ever.