Any Annoying Issues Or Small Problems With Your New Nx?

Juvi

On 26/12/2015 at 3:33 PM, Lexus Nerd said:

The interface may not look pretty, but at least you can use it in traffic, and still keep your eyes on the road.

Spotify has "tons of music and albums from ..." mostly rap artists. At least, every time I've tried using it (I really *want* to like it, but ...) Pandora's music is more varied (although you start hearing the same music on the same station, after about two hours).

I'm not sure how you found albums which were mostly rap artist, 'cause I listen to music from a number of genres such as 80s 90s and some 2000s which has a lot of pop. Perhaps, the free version of Spotify seems to play quite a fair bit of songs by rap artists. Also, the good thing is that you can create your own playlist with songs that you like. So I've created a number of playlist with songs that I already had on mp3 which were available on Spotify. They even have songs for different moods.

Never seemed to be a fan of Pandora though. It seems to be quite popular but I found Spotify a lot better. Perhaps, it's just that I make my own playlist and like listening to my own songs than ration stations.

7 hours ago, dis-lex-sic said:

How much data does Pandora or Spotify use?

Is there a way to quantify it's data use?

Hey there mate,

Not sure how much data is been used by Spotify, but I listen to it a lot at work and while driving. I've got 12GB in my quota, so I don't even look at how much is used. Sorry about that.

• 1 month later...

All, how do you register your enform services? I picked up my NX last weekend and don't think it is enabled!

Also, is there anyway to turn off them speed/red light camera and school zone warnings? there annoying as hell

1 minute ago, p0c1 said:

AFAIK Siri Eyes Free is not available on Australia spec,

but it is available on US Specs car

argh damn it, i wonder if there's anyway to somehow install the US software onto our Aus spec NX's to enable not just this but also speed limit warnings on the HUD

And by the way. We don't get individual tyre TPMS readings. The system just tells us there's a flat tyre and you have to carry your own pressure gauge. Lame Lexus lame.

how do you make the Home screen be the default screen? with my car its always the map screen that gets shown first every time i start the car, i want it to be the home screen. 

does anybody know if the qi wireless charger work with the iPhone 6 Plus (with a Qi sleeve of course)? The phone doesn't quite fit into the tray, not sure if it needs to make contact with the tray for charging or not.

Not happy. Car 4500 kms, fsport turbo. Developed a clunking sound when travelling at low speed over rough grounds. Or, accelerating over uneven ground. Clunk is loud enough to hear over radio. On drivers side of car but difficult to pinpoint as to whether it's coming from front or back. Suspect it is a vibration travelling along the vehicles chassis rails, hence difficult to pinpoint. 

Believe source maybe a suspension component. Would expect this from a bimmer or Merc, not a Lexus.

Clublexus US has a number of members reporting the same problem. Fixes have included replacement of dampers but does not seem to get rid of problem. May wait for a TSB to be issued.

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am new to this forum and to Lexus. My 2016 NX had a real issue with its voice recognition. Sometimes it worked perfectly and other time I just had to give it up. I am using an iPhone 6. Anyway, after not getting much help from customer care, I found the actual problem. When enabling notifications on the phone (in Bluetooth settings) in order to show SMS on the Lexus infotainment system, it "breaks" the voice recognition. So, I have now turned notifications off, so I can at least use voice dialing. Also informed customer care, so hoping for a fix in the not too distant future. Hope I can save other users with this same problem some frustration, but I still encourage you to report it

• 1 year later...

Hi NX300h owners!

I'm looking at moving on from an IS250 SL to the NX300h (probably 2015 SL model) - my question is - would you still recommend this car after your experiences with it?

Thanks

Subby

Hi Subby, 

You planning on going from a powerful V6 to a battery powered expensive snail? Might wanna rethink that. Depending on your age group, if your a young person, I wouldn't recommend Lexus. Unless of course you only want comfort for any cost. 

As a package Lexus sucks at all tech. Like a boring 90s infotainment unit that doesn't integrate to anything. A cigarette charger that is not practical so you can't charge any devices properly. 

A Qi that only works for tiny phones that most probably don't have wireless charging and a very bad so called Mark Levinson system that lacks bass and volume. Oh DAB+ is horrible too. A Nissan Juke has a very good antenna that can receive great quality digital radio. 

If none of this matters, then the choice is yours. I've got a NX200t F sport. The drive is super fun most of the time. But music and navigation is piss poor for a luxury brand. 

Thanks for your prompt and frank reply, DBen - not exactly what I was expecting but much appreciated anyway - you've probably saved me from a dubious investment :-) :-).

While I certainly want comfort (the IS250 has spoilt me - amazing car!!), it's not at any cost.

Back to the drawing board for me!!

• 7 months later...

Recently picked up a 2017 NX200t with 5000kms. Only concern really is the voice recognition for Navigation. Phone is fine but there is only an option for the system to recognise 'Go Home'. Seems ridiculous as I know where home is. It's other locations that a reasonable person would need help with or am I wrong?

I see the NX300 has a new command of 'enter an address' which after speaking with Lexus of Indooroopilly they said they only upgrade maps not software. My car hasn't even had a service yet!

Does anyone in Lexus actually monitor these posts? It must be embarrassing for this 'luxury' brand to have such a second rate voice recognition system and not even try to help owners out.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2018 at 9:26 AM, Rat99 said:

Recently picked up a 2017 NX200t with 5000kms. Only concern really is the voice recognition for Navigation. Phone is fine but there is only an option for the system to recognise 'Go Home'. Seems ridiculous as I know where home is. It's other locations that a reasonable person would need help with or am I wrong?

I see the NX300 has a new command of 'enter an address' which after speaking with Lexus of Indooroopilly they said they only upgrade maps not software. My car hasn't even had a service yet!

Does anyone in Lexus actually monitor these posts? It must be embarrassing for this 'luxury' brand to have such a second rate voice recognition system and not even try to help owners out.

The beauty of this ‘luxury’ brand is that, if it’s in your car, it will actually work. Lexus doesn’t quickly jump into implementing features that only work half the time. They were the first to introduce a self-parking feature - in the SC430, circa 2000. Now, while some of the cheapest cars on the market offer it, Lexus doesn’t offer it at all. Why? It’s not worth having it if, very occasionally, it results in a collision.

I’m born and raised Australia, and am not of retirement age. Yet, Siri on my iPhone can’t recognise what I’m asking half the time. I don’t miss Lexus adding Siri or Android Auto to its infotainment system.

By far, the simplest way to navigate somewhere is to type the destination in the Enform app, then selecting the destination after you start up your vehicle.

Having said that, you may as well try the latest goodies if there’s any chance of getting them. Perhaps you can visit your Lexus service centre and complain that your infotainment system is occasionally resetting itself while driving. I’ve encountered this problem with Lexus/Toyota vehicles as far back as 2005. They will most likely update your infotainment firmware to the latest version, in the hope that the “problem” disappears. You never know, the “Enter an address” feature might just appear after such an update ...

• 11 months later...

My 2018 Lexus NX300 seems to having trouble with the blue tooth phone.  When I receive a call and answer it, the person on the other end can not hear me.  If I dial out it is the same problem.  It has worked perfectly up to this point and it is frustrating to not be able to use the hands free feature.