Isf Exhaust

Artyisf

12 hours ago, Vaku said:

nice impressions glad your enjoying it and yep best of both worlds!

I was going to add the varex mufflers if the non varex annoyed me but so far so good!

post some vids when you can :)

To be honest i think the non varex would suffice if you didnt have a genuine need to drive the car silently.  Every neighbourhood has that 1 person who is seen to be the hoon.  I have a 2 young kids leave for work about 5am so i know id wake up half my neighbourhood and be labelled as that hoon haha.  Besides that my car will be 90% open all the time.  Otherwise save youself about $350-400 from memory with the non varex.

12 hours ago, Peterkay said:

BLK ISF

Glad to hear you get the sore jaw syndrome also,. nice isn`t. All you need now is the K & N intake and happy days ! ! ! !

From the first day i fitted my xforce system the wife says that i smile all the time haha. Mind you the wife hogs the car. So if you do not have it, fit the intake and it will be even harder to wipe that smile off.  

Unfortunately our situations arent the same.  When i met the Mrs i already had the WRX and it was modified plenty.  It took her a good 5 yrs but i eventually caved in and sold it for a more friendly car but that got boring very quick so i got the ISF.  She doesnt even know ive swapped the exhaust yet (thank you Varex lol).  One day ill forget the button and she'll realise its louder than normal.  My wife much prefers her 7 seater SUV over my ISF.

So you think the K&N adds power.  I know there are so many references on the net that will prove an argument for and against.  i.e. Heat soak, boxed vs open, reoiling, cold air duct and air flow etc etc.  Maybe im tone deaf but i can never tell the difference based on youtube clips.  Im sure its one of those that in person will be more noticeable.  So it really sounds that much better does it???

I swore id keep this ride standard, especially after exhaust.  You guys are a bad influence haha :-)

BLK ISF

So we do not get you in trouble, just by-pass 1 vacuum hose on your stock air box to keep the secondary flap open & listen to it roar more often.

I did this when i first got my car but in the end I wanted more. K & N claim is around 20kw and it is probably right as you do feel the difference especially on WOT. As for heat soak, and being you live in NSW ( i`m guessing Sydney ) you would not really have any issues there. As for us in QLD ( gold coast ) slightly different story.

I have removed my top engine cover as they retain too much heat in the engine bay. Better to flush all the hot air out the engine bay than keep it in there. And like i have said once before ( regarding heat soak ) we do not race them 24/7 or sit idle in HOT traffic all day. 

As for influencing.......... DAM RIGHT ! ! ! !  hehehehe

• Like 1

Is it just me or does everyone else with an exhaust find themselves driving in manual mode all the time.  Going through the gears just sounds so much better. 
Stock, i couldnt be bothered and left in auto mode most of the time but now, im always using the paddles lol.

It was harder to hear as well but so much easier to hear the bleep on down shifts as well.  Cant see myself ever getting bored of the noise :-)

As others have suggested i can only imagine how much better it sounds with an intake as well but ill just get used to the exhaust for now :-)

I agree, i thought it would be the typical v8 holden/ford exhaust note but its got that raspy high pitch v8 note like a deep R35, C63 etc if that makes sense.  Havent heard mine in motion from the outside but damn from the inside, 1 week on and still loving it :-)

Hey there,

Just thought i would add to this thread with my exhaust.

I had it custom made from Budget Exhaust in condell park NSW. Couldnt sit and wait for xforce on back order.

Made full mild steel, dual 2.5 all the way, magnaflow centre muffler with internal Xpipe chamber (fitted later so pictured separate), stock rear mufflers modified to 2.5in inlets.

I will be adding a second inlet to the mufflers to increase flow as someone in the states has done on the club lexus forums (flowrider/lou). Keeps sound to a minimum but still has the V8 note/ humming.

Cant say if it drones as everyone responds to it different.

Once i add the secondary inlets the mufflers will get painted in black also.

Thinking of throwing on some hot dog resonators where the diff is like the other systems have. Really just experimenting for the best combo. I think most exhaust shops can do this cheaper than any off the shelf system.

Overall happy with it so far

Will be going for a flash tune at SAS Automotive for $1400 after i either get a set of PPE headers or Gut the cats (still deciding).

20160218_111253.jpg

20160218_111303.jpg

20160218_111321.jpg

20160218_111334.jpg

20160304_080131.jpg

20160304_080210.jpg

On 5 March 2016 at 10:45 PM, BLK ISF said:

I agree, i thought it would be the typical v8 holden/ford exhaust note but its got that raspy high pitch v8 note like a deep R35, C63 etc if that makes sense.  Havent heard mine in motion from the outside but damn from the inside, 1 week on and still loving it :-)

BLK ISF , just wondering what is your thought after few week with it, any drone on highway cruise ? I am still waitting for new stock , i am running out of patience here : )) 

XF is ultra budget lol - nothing really in the same price range

but considering they are $3.5+? from chatswood thats a pretty good deal.

On 12/3/2016 at 9:05 PM, Dcsrs200 said:

BLK ISF , just wondering what is your thought after few week with it, any drone on highway cruise ? I am still waitting for new stock , i am running out of patience here : )) 

Hi mate,  well its been a few weeks now and still very impressed.  Havent had a chance to get it wired into the car so still running it through the cig lighter adaptor to module that comes with the exhaust.  I had an issue with that but the earth came loose in the cig lighter adaptor itself.  soldered and all fixed.  I drive about 95% open, just closed when i go to work each morning about 5am. 

When closed its very quiet, all engine.  I do believe its quieter than stock when closed.  As its quite restrictive closed, i drive very sedately when closed vs open.

I dont find there is really any kind of drone at all and its quiet if in auto mode as it picks higher gears.  If you drive in F mode and even keep it in a sligthly lower gear, its a nice note, not drone.

My understanding is you'll be waiting for ages for next production run.  Thats why Xforce called me and they basically fitted a modified IS350 system to mine at their Milperra factory.  They are supposedly very similar systems.

soo can one get a JoeZ with warex?

On 3/9/2016 at 7:01 PM, asadk316 said:

Hey there,

Just thought i would add to this thread with my exhaust.

I had it custom made from Budget Exhaust in condell park NSW. Couldnt sit and wait for xforce on back order.

Made full mild steel, dual 2.5 all the way, magnaflow centre muffler with internal Xpipe chamber (fitted later so pictured separate), stock rear mufflers modified to 2.5in inlets.

I will be adding a second inlet to the mufflers to increase flow as someone in the states has done on the club lexus forums (flowrider/lou). Keeps sound to a minimum but still has the V8 note/ humming.

Cant say if it drones as everyone responds to it different.

Once i add the secondary inlets the mufflers will get painted in black also.

Thinking of throwing on some hot dog resonators where the diff is like the other systems have. Really just experimenting for the best combo. I think most exhaust shops can do this cheaper than any off the shelf system.

Overall happy with it so far

Will be going for a flash tune at SAS Automotive for $1400 after i either get a set of PPE headers or Gut the cats (still deciding).

20160218_111253.jpg

20160218_111303.jpg

20160218_111321.jpg

20160218_111334.jpg

20160304_080131.jpg

20160304_080210.jpg

have you noticed any performance boost?