Had the new is350 F Sport yesterday, very comfortable, quiet etc but sluggish under acceleration.

Got back into my 2012 is350 it was like a rocket ship by comparison, very quick, very responsive.

I wouldn't clean swap it for the new one.

Wow do you guys know why the reason for this? is it in the sport mode or normal use that its feels sluggish? I like the new model and considering one, Damn lucky you guys get those as loan cars. I normally get a GS250 or IS250 that feels underpowered.

Next time should ask for a IS350 F as the loan car.

thanks

I had it in Sport and it didn't make a lot of difference, I got back in the 2012 and the accelerator was so touchy I had to be careful after the being in the newer one for a day.

Definitely take an 2012 is350 out then the new one and you'll see the difference.

I wanted to buy another Lexus but they don't have anything that interests me right now, even the RC seems too big.

funny thing though

it may feel fast

my GS350 F sport which is pretty much same running gear as a 2014 IS350 F sport

has equal performance to a 2011-2013 IS350 F sport in a straight line

give the newer model some corners and its game over for the older gens

and yes this was proven in private testing

Edited by ilv1004s

From what I've read & understand, the 2nd Gen IS350s have shorter gearing (ie, better acceleration). Otherwise, no diff in engine output. I feel the same sensation whenever I get the (just supersceded model) RX350 as a loaner - the extra lard it carries makes it feel like a slug.

(btw, a few weeks ago I got a GS250 SL as a loaner while the LS was at service. Even though it's decades newer in design & construction / materials, it's still noisier & not as smooth as the LS).

From what I've read & understand, the 2nd Gen IS350s have shorter gearing (ie, better acceleration). Otherwise, no diff in engine output. I feel the same sensation whenever I get the (just supersceded model) RX350 as a loaner - the extra lard it carries makes it feel like a slug.

(btw, a few weeks ago I got a GS250 SL as a loaner while the LS was at service. Even though it's decades newer in design & construction / materials, it's still noisier & not as smooth as the LS).

noisier? hardly

the gs is on par with the new ls for refinment

My ears & senses tell me otherwise. Couldn't care less what the brochure or Lexus salesman says.

must have got a pos loaner

as a current GS350 F sport owner and various other current lexus models inc a brand new RX450h (2016)

you are wrong

i would make sense if you compared it to a 2008 LS460 but not a 1995 LS

1995 LS is a great car but it its 20 years old

lexus generally goes forward in refinement not backwards

as for responsiveness what throttle?

newer models actually have better throttle input

you feel its more reponsive due to the shorter ratios on the older gearbox which makes it seem the car to be revving harder

if you want repsonse stick a ISF in sports mode or a RCF in sports + mode thats the best throttle response cars that lexus has right now

its not right to make a judgement on a car based on 1 day of loaner car driving

i do not like the newer gen Is350 either but u cant deny that its way ahead of the older car

Edited by ilv1004s

My ears & senses tell me otherwise. Couldn't care less what the brochure or Lexus salesman says.

must have got a pos loaner

as a current GS350 F sport owner and various other current lexus models inc a brand new RX450h (2016)

you are wrong

i would make sense if you compared it to a 2008 LS460 but not a 1995 LS

1995 LS is a great car but it its 20 years old

lexus generally goes forward in refinement not backwards

as for responsiveness what throttle?

newer models actually have better throttle input

you feel its more reponsive due to the shorter ratios on the older gearbox which makes it seem the car to be revving harder

if you want repsonse stick a ISF in sports mode or a RCF in sports + mode thats the best throttle response cars that lexus has right now

its not right to make a judgement on a car based on 1 day of loaner car driving

i do not like the newer gen Is350 either but u cant deny that its way ahead of the older car

Not to go off topic, but I was given a 'pos' loan car. I was given a CAMRY loan car At a Lexus dealership!!,... I love Lexus cars, and driving that Camry made me realise how crappy the interiors of those camrys are,and I've never been in one b4, if you don't know they have cheap plastic everywhere very unattractive silver plastic everywhere,

I don't know how people can say Lexus are the same as Toyota when the Lexus interiors are much nicer in every way, I was hoping for a new Lexus loan car, guess I won't be buying a new Lexus at that dealership, I read stories of people getting loaned new f sport models etc and I get a Camry as the loan car! hahahahaha come on Lexus they shouldn't be doing that, Lexus service costs are a premium too, I'd expect at least give a ct200h loan car :)

Made me appreciate the Lexus much more when I got it back, and I want to upgrade to a new F Sport IS 200t also, black on black,..almost ready to upgrade :P

The new model has more refinements but the dash layout is appalling and it just isn't anywhere near as responsive.

Put the 2012 is350 in sport mode today just for fun and I had to be careful not to rear end the guy in front.