Im Back In An Isf!

BULLIT

Some of you may remember my last car which I sold and regretted. I bought a couple of BMW's one of them being a very low km E90 M3 which I really liked and also regretted selling recently. Anyway after several weeks of searching and negotiating I just finalised the paperwork on a 2013 Black on Black ISF which is being shipped to me now from dealer.

The car was built and complied Feb 2013 and first registered in September 2014, it has only done 5,700km and I am the first owner as it was still a demo, has factory warranty until September 2018.

Have a few mods planned but nothing over the top...

I agree that the inside is very dated now but after weighing up performance (naturally aspirated V8), reliability. bulid quality, value for money etc. there not much that compares with the ISF.

haha I remember emailing you on carsales when I was looking for one ages ago ;) damn she was nice.

after that.. not as nice but 2014 IS350 / 2014 WRX then finally what I should have bought after my 2011 IS350.. the F..

speaks volumes about the car that you decided to buy another..

enjoy!

I agree that the inside is very dated now but after weighing up performance (naturally aspirated V8), reliability. bulid quality, value for money etc. there not much that compares with the ISF.

yes, this is why I still have my bucket of bolts and havent bother to change.Need $150K to find something interesting.

Will keep for another year and give the GF to drive around. LOL

..exactly why I picked up my second F too, tried everything out there but as an overall package nothing beats it.

I wonder how you would rate it against the M3 after owning it?

Welcome back to the F family!

Ps: having owned the 08 model which needed the KW upgrade I would not touch the new cars they are just fine. All they need are headers, intake, filter and possibly exhaust IMHO.

I'm

..exactly why I picked up my second F too, tried everything out there but as an overall package nothing beats it.

I wonder how you would rate it against the M3 after owning it?

Welcome back to the F family!

Ps: having owned the 08 model which needed the KW upgrade I would not touch the new cars they are just fine. All they need are headers, intake, filter and possibly exhaust IMHO.

Thank you.

To be honest the M3 is more exciting to drive as it revs to 8300rpm and sounds awesome plus I think the M3 seats and driving position are better than the ISF, seats have a lot more adjustability.

I agree the newer ISF have better suspension than the older models and they drive nicely, I just think they sit a little high especially at the front so I'll be putting in coilovers or lowered springs along with an exhaust to free up some noise.

Yeah agree about the front height but I had lots of issues with the upgraded KWs lots of scratching the bottom and after a while it developed a scary "steering snap" under heavy breaking on the track. I would not do it again even it does look a little cooler.

Why did you sell the M3 then?

I was offered really good money as it was low km competition pack but I didn't consider what I was going to buy next, I was without a car for 8 weeks, been driving a rental.

I feel that I sit high in the ISF, also the front seats only come up so far, is this normal? My back hurts sometimes so I have my seat quite upright on long journeys but it doesn't seem to go all the way straight, is your car the same?

I was offered really good money as it was low km competition pack but I didn't consider what I was going to buy next, I was without a car for 8 weeks, been driving a rental.

I feel that I sit high in the ISF, also the front seats only come up so far, is this normal? My back hurts sometimes so I have my seat quite upright on long journeys but it doesn't seem to go all the way straight, is your car the same?

I sit what I would call fairly upright and close to the wheel for 6' and have not troubles with seating position, I do sit as low as the seat goes though.

All of my passengers and me think that the IS-F seats are some of the most comfortable and they are quite low too but I get what you are saying coming from some other cars. Mine comes up as far as I want it to.

I would not touch the suspension anything above MY11, factory fixed all issues and is comfortable. You'll risk introducing issues. Recently heard of an altered one nearly killing someone at high speed and I've had similar experiences. Just saying a little drop isn't worth it IMHO.

Hey Peter, yes and a small world. I was at broadford also for the AROCA when it got rained out. Well I gave up as slicks and wet weather don't mix. 

As well as my F I have a little dedicated green R53 mini, which I ran a 52 at the island that weekend. Which I was pretty happy with. 

All good, at least you are willing to take yours to the track. so did you trade black one on the white one?

Heading the Porsche day at the island in a couple of weeks. But first on the dyno on Friday to make sure all is good with the new tune.  

You going to track the new beast?

Yep PI island is a great track but deceptive. You don't know how fast your going until you go off, lots of space but gets gobbles up QUICK SMART if you go off  

I still struggle with turn one and turning in  at some real speed but working on it. Lol

Need to grow some balls and only touch brake and turn in at + 200 kmh and then my lap times will drop good and proper.

I will be there in a couple of weeks with Porsche club, so fingers cross mini on dyno tomorrow means good numbers and then it is up to the monkey behind the wheel.