Bazza

Bazza

No. Speed limits not shown in Australia as they are in the US. Also, Australian TPMS system only indicates a flat tyre not individual tyre pressures. No ACS In the F-sport either. 

On 22/1/2016 at 5:40 PM, Miop4000 said:

No. Speed limits not shown in Australia as they are in the US. Also, Australian TPMS system only indicates a flat tyre not individual tyre pressures. No ACS In the F-sport either. 

mmmm.....my 2015 NX has ASC

• 3 weeks later...

picked up my new NX Sports Luxury last week and i can confirm that speed alert is not available in Australia, even for 2016 build (my car is 01/2016 plated)

however, it does have speed camera, red light camera and school zone warnings, the latter only comes up if your speed is > 40kmh approaching a school zone. These types of warning are not available at all with my 2011 IS250, I do find these warnings pretty annoying though lol, not sure if there's a way to turn them off. 

Very satisfied with the car!

4 minutes ago, Duy said:

picked up my new NX Sports Luxury last week and i can confirm that speed alert is not available in Australia, even for 2016 build (my car is 01/2016 plated)

however, it does have speed camera, red light camera and school zone warnings, the latter only comes up if your speed is > 40kmh approaching a school zone. These types of warning are not available at all with my 2011 IS250, I do find these warnings pretty annoying though lol, not sure if there's a way to turn them off. 

Very satisfied with the car!

You can turn off the various alerts via the navigation settings screen.

I agree the school zone warnings are a PITA, you'd think that any trainee computer programmer could have coded the system to have the school zone alerts only occur during various hours of the day and not on the weekends. Why should you be getting an alert at 11.00pm on a Saturday night.

Having the current speed zone being displayed would be extremely useful especially if it can be appear on the HUD display.

@cssaus I can understand why they have the school zone warnings on all the time, because school zone speed limits in Canada are applicable 24/7, but dear lord, Idon't need to hear the nagging every single time I'm approaching a school, a simple chime would have been enough

I think that we should organise a class approach to Lexus Australia to turn no the Speed Zone feature!

I am told that the software is in place but the speed Zone feature is turned off?

I want mine turned on. Do you ???

There is no valid reason for this information NOT to be constantly available on our screens?

Being always aware of the current speed zone could well be THE most important safety feature and could save $$$thousands in unnecessary speeding fines.

This leading Japanese Car Company is years behind in its GPS technology and needs to lift its game.

Any cheep Garmin, TomTom or Navman today is offering Free Lifetime Maps and they all tell you if you are over the speed limit.

Why does Lexus deny their customers this basic safety feature?

I look forward to your comments.

Bazza

• Like 1

@Bazza I completely agree and do want this feature, but I won't be holding my breath. Even if we manage to pressure them into enabling it, chances are they'd only do so on new model and leave us existing owners out. They introduced lane guidance in the 2012 IS but did not make it available it in the 2011 IS (same shape, same hardware, same everything)

Mind you, my 2011 IS doesn't even have speed camera and red light camera warnings, most portable satnavs have had this feature since the early 2000s.

You know, My mate has a three year old Toyota Land cruiser and he has This feature we are talking about. He has the current speed limit his screen at all times.

If Toyota can have it then why not Lexus drivers?

I can't understand the HUA attitude from the decision makers at Lexus. It is simply beyond reason.

If they could explain their reasons it might be different but the only answers I can get from Lexus is : "They do not have this feature in Australia"?

Here is the reply I received from the Lexus Customer assistance centre. They won't even  answer my question. Why?

Its the best example of buckpassing I have seen for a while!

Dear Barrie,

Unfortunately, we do not hold this type of information at the Lexus Customer Assistance Centre.

The most appropriate people to speak to regarding your enquiry are the Sales staff at the Lexus Dealership. They will be more than happy to provide you with the information regarding your enquiry.

You can obtain all the relevant contact details for your preferred Lexus Sales department by visiting the following website: http://www.lexus.com.au/contact/dealers

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Lexus Customer Assistance Centre - Damien 

Customer Service Assistant

Lexus Customer Assistance Centre

Tel:  1800 023 009

Fax: 1800 684 775

Email: enquiries@lexusenquiries.com.au

servlet.ImageServer?id=01590000000GlKJ&o

Your privacy is important to us. You will not receive ongoing communication from Lexus Australia unless you have previously opted in specifically. If you wish to access your personal information or cancel communications you have opted into, please contact us (toll free) on 1800 023 009. If you do not want to receive any further electronic marketing material from Lexus Australia, please contact us on 1800 023 009 or email enquiries@lexusenquiries.com.au to unsubscribe. 

For more information about Lexus Australia and your privacy please visit  http://www.lexus.com.au/smallprint/privacy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I would also like to see the speed limit on my GPS, I have a lexus IS 300h. My wife has a skoda fabia in which I put a $300 9" chinese GPS unit that is excellent, it shows the speed limit at all times.

I wondered if Lexus Australia is concerned about possible legal action regarding the speed limit, I would be happy to sign a waiver so that this function could be turned on.