I am now in my 9th year as a Lexus owner and have a difficult choice to make, my parents were Lexus owners for a long time also (RX300, IS200, IS300) which makes all the more difficult given the loyalty of the last 2 decades. I'll be looking to upgrade sometime in the next 12 months.

In my time, I have had IS250X and now IS350 F Sport which are both great cars, but naturally, you always want or need 'more'! Power of course, in which the jump from 250 to 350 was great and good fun, it still is, but I'm starting to find that I need that next level. And this is where my problem lies.

What are my options? 1 Step up to Lexus V8, 2 Turbo/Supercharge 350 or 3 change brand?

1. V8. Seems the logical choice right? The issue I have is that I am looking for a 4 door mid size saloon given I have 2 kids and need the room. This straight away puts the RC-F out of the question and I'm really not a fan anyway. I didn't like the way it drove on the track and it looks clunky and chunky and competing at that level seems out of place. It's like a short fat guy taking Lebron on in 1on1.

Anyway, next is GSF? Too big for what I need and has an 'old man' stigma. Out.

Next ISF? Perfect, this is an amazing car to drive and would suit my needs perfectly, but not in it's current shape. It looks old & tired and I feel would be a step backwards. I want to stay current and up to spec in my new cars.

Which begs the question, will there be a next gen IS-F? I cannot find any solid information that leads to a definitive answer on if Lexus will bring this back? Sure there's a stack of rumours, articles and renderings, but nothing 'confirmed' or planned.

Attn Lexus insiders (hint hint), will Lexus be bringing back the IS-F?

2. Turbo/Supercharge the 350. I've seriously thought about this and done the research and when it all comes down to it, I really don't want to be messing around too much with the internals when still in warranty etc. Plus I don't believe the gains will be what I'm after

Still open for suggestions...

3. Change brand. If Lexus is not bringing back the IS-F, it will likely leave me with no choice but to look elsewhere and change brands. I have already started this process and driven the m4 (although I'd get the M3) and am looking at the C63 next week with RS4 to follow. I'll be leaning towards the Merc most likely but will do the full comparison.

Unfortunately this takes away 2 decades of Lexus ownership in the family because they do not have a model that fits my needs. I really don't want to change brands. I'm probably sounding very picky, but at that budget, I'm allowed to be!

So, where to from here? Let's hope there is something in the works, but in the meantime I'll keep doing my research on the Euro's.

going from a 3IS 350 myself to an ISF I can honestly say the 'going backwards' thought never entered my mind, yes the interior is not as good but everything else makes up for it! you can grab a 2012+ quite cheap these days and the shape is a classic that can be improved with a few subtle mods.. id re-consider :)