Track day invitation to unleash your car and to have an awesome day.

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd post this up here.

There is a rare opportunity coming up soon (March 9) to unleash the inner little boy and give your Lexus a good workout on the track and have some really good fun.

There will be a Lexus track day held at Wakefield raceway this is a unique opportunity and the cost is much less then usual for a track day its $195.00 and it all goes to charity for a good cause.

There will be your own Lexus crew to look after your car should you need any assistance lots of like minded enthusiasts and you can finally test your car if you haven't done it yet.

You may get a chance to drive the new GS-F and check out the LFA.

Everyone is welcome.

I wouldn't miss this event as its just soo much fun not to mention you may learn a few trick on car handling. There will be professional instructors to give you confidence should you need it or if its your first time on a track.

There are a few more spots in the afternoon session so if you think you want to have some fun you may want to get in now.

Let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right peeps.

Yes I'll be there as well. already had the ISF checked over, and my track mags fitted.

I have never been to Wakefield before, cannot wait to learn the track.  it should be a fantastic day.

P1160142.thumb.jpg.2045f50e1fe22b672ea24

Thank you.   It would be good, but I'm heading down to Goulburn on Tuesday morning.  it will be good to see you and ISFBloke there, and hopefully more.

Hi Andrew, no I still have the Cup + tyres, but with any luck I should wear them out on the 9th, and then I'll get the Cup 2 tyres. are you still running Cup 2 tyres?   I can't wait to try Wakefield out, it's a clockwise track.

hey guys hope you guys have a blast of a time

i wont be going as i can not get time off work and its abit far to travel

just a heads up

wakefield is a small track and tight unlike EC

running wide into turn 2 into the sand pits can cause some damage to your car

also be wary of the fishhook in the middle section of the track

unlike SMP wakefield tends to punish you if you understeer too much as it is a much narrower track

have fun guys and be safe!

Thank you for the info.  as this is my first time there, I'll take an instructor with me on the first session.  I think it will be a great day.

for me its the first time taking my own car on a track so I will just take it easy and enjoy the experience, not fussed re lap times etc!

dont forget its a tax deductable donation so its win win as supporting a good cause also! :)

Yep exactly so not sure why these remaining spots haven't been taken quickly??? Only 3 remain though. Peeps here don't like having fun and letting lose once in a while???

Hey guys today was awesome!!! Had a blast and learnt a lot ..... how brakes and tyres fade lol

had some great laps and some not so good laps. first time out in the car, everything stock except an intake. will get some grippy tyres and fresh pads for next time as both were on their last legs. 

See below for a video recording of my best lap ... just shy of 1:13. excuse the poor quality but I uploaded SD not HD as i wanted it to be small file size for everyone :)

Just got back myself it was a very good day indeed! Was hot though. Very good driving considering the hardcore LFA  pro race driver did 1:11:5 in my car.

Looks like you've done this before but its just shy of 1:14;)

Extremely hot! think that had something to do with the higher times. 

thanks mate. i was pretty chuffed as well. 

As i said first time out in the car.... second time EVER on a track. 

used the Harry's lap timer app i downloaded last night. 

I meant i was 0.05 secs off getting into the 13s - official time of 1.14.05 ;)

cheers 

Very well done for 2nd time! Get sticky tires to reduce sliding and you will be doing great times.

..and yes we were getting slower the hotter it got. Regardless it was a great day.

cant really hear too much on the video, but i squeeling like a pig lol - damn OEM tyres. havent changed them since i bought the car and that was over a year ago lol

i wanted to fry them and get new ones rather than *BLEEP*ise fresh rubber. 

What times did you end up putting down mate?

Well you've fried them well! I was only timing the first session as I kept forgetting to reset the timer but around 1:14.00 ish too. However it seems Harry's timer was a little inaccurate today for many, we use RaceChrono as it seems more accurate and some of us had a proper GPS tracker and dedicated device. You did 170 on the straight where I did 180 max and seemed a little smoother around corners due to the Cup 2 tires so I think I could be lower but cannot be sure. The best average the guys did were 14s and the very best around 12. 

ahhh sweet!

well next time we should get together and chat during the meet. i thought i saw you but wasnt sure if it was you - didnt want to make a fool out of myself lol