New IS350 F Sport Owner

Hi All,

New IS350 F Sport owner (first Lexus!) and loving the car! Looking forward in joining in the forum chats. 

Sadly, car is only 4 months old and an @55 has already scraped the rear bumper while parked at a shopping centre. As expected, no details left and with my luck, no CCTV in the area =/ Mainly paintwork damage and 80% can be buffed/polished out. Still considering if its worth making claim under insurance or just touching up the deep scratch to not affect me insurance premiums. 

Reviewing old posts, courtesy tin of touch up paint appears to have been provided as part of the new car purchase. Is this a thing of the past or are Lexus dealers still providing touch up paint. Never received any.  

Cheers!

Scrape.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bit late in posting as I have only just joined. I would use T-Cut or some light cutting compound to take as much of the superficial scratches out. Then take it to a panel beater for a quote and they may be able to just use a primer filler and then paint over it and blend it in. I would think it would be cheaper than your excess and at renewal you still have no claims.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the response! Did a light polish and was happy enough with the result. Quote for repair was approximately $1.5k for bumper replacement. Authorised repairer would not consider anything other than a replacement. 

In regards to the touch up paint, the Dealer directed me to the authorised repairer. Small tin was around $25. Only the base coat could be provided (i.e. no top coat and clear coat).  

Enjoy the RC350 Beast!!!