ISF ECU tune , thought ?

Dcsrs200

Yeah i read that topic too.  About time :-)  Most other V8's have that great supercharger wine like HSV's etc or turbo's.  It will be the easiest way for big gains.  Just hope the rest of the engine and driveline can handle the extra power without too much fuss

I would never have a turbo but SC is a different story it's like an extension to the engine nice linear power delivery. I've been told we can expect them to be released around June-July.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've bought the OBD remote tune from TTFS, have received the handheld tool and read  the data they require before they can proceed with the tune.

There have been a few delays mostly regarding software glitches with the tool, but these have supposedly been sorted and now it is just a matter of TTFS finalising the tune for me and sending me the file to write back to my ECU.

I have a JoeZ intake, JoeZ exhaust and Novel headers and carried out a pre-tune dyno as a baseline. Once the tune is on and run in, I'll be doing a second dyno to see the difference.

3 hours ago, rysith said:

So I've bought the OBD remote tune from TTFS, have received the handheld tool and read  the data they require before they can proceed with the tune.

There have been a few delays mostly regarding software glitches with the tool, but these have supposedly been sorted and now it is just a matter of TTFS finalising the tune for me and sending me the file to write back to my ECU.

I have a JoeZ intake, JoeZ exhaust and Novel headers and carried out a pre-tune dyno as a baseline. Once the tune is on and run in, I'll be doing a second dyno to see the difference.

Fantastic! Thanks so much for organising a pre and post tune dyno, will be VERY interested to see these results, as our cars run on 98 Octane and should see a much more significant increase from the tune that US owners.

Cant wait to see what unfolds..

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Fantastic! Thanks so much for organising a pre and post tune dyno, will be VERY interested to see these results, as our cars run on 98 Octane and should see a much more significant increase from the tune that US owners.

Cant wait to see what unfolds..

Not sure why US should be a significant difference, assuming US owner seek out their equivalent premium fuel which is AKI 93 (anti knock index). US 91=95 RON, US 93= 98 RON.

Everywhere i see on the thread on Club Lexus they all seem to have 90 or 92 octane fuel. I know there are some where are blending fuel or using additives, but the majority only seem to have a lower octane fuel accessible than we do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2016 at 0:07 PM, rysith said:

Any update on this?

Yeh currently working through some compability issues with them specifically regarding the different ECU's that the Aus cars have vs the US ECU's they have already tuned.

Not too sure if there will be a positive outcome but should know soonish.

• 2 weeks later...

Still trying a few things with them.

If this fails I'm looking to send them a spare ecu from a written off ADM ISF for them to spend some R&D time on.

Not giving up yet!

OK finally some good news!

Last update to the handheld tool and it actually wrote to the ECU successfully :)

Took it for a quick spin this morning:

Feels much more responsive across the rev range for improved drivability in auto mode and as for manual: where before it felt aggressive now it feels a bit scary :) and I didn't realise till I got home, I didn't have it in Sports mode for either auto/manual driving!

Will have to do some more driving and arrange for a post-tune dyno run, also have purchased the Toyota Techstream cable to measure KCLV, etc so this time I can make sure the car is ready for a dyno run.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Any updates?

Im itching over the order button online.. :-D

Not sure when I'll get back to the Dyno, I would easily recommend the tune if you have the money. 

As I mentioned the driveability is improved and it definately adds to the fun factor.

Plenty of discussion the US Club Lexus forums and dyno results - I can only add that it now works on Aus delivered cars too :)

Thanks very much, ill have a chat to them now.

Out of interest, how do they stop you from giving your tune to a friend with the OBD device? Say you had the same mods, its a non customised tune anyway, cant they just pop it onto their car too? 

16 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Thanks very much, ill have a chat to them now.

Out of interest, how do they stop you from giving your tune to a friend with the OBD device? Say you had the same mods, its a non customised tune anyway, cant they just pop it onto their car too? 

So without knowing the exact tech specifics of the tool - there is an initial ID/Read process to dump a file, you then send this file to the tuner who creates the tune based on this file.

I believe this file contains ECU specifics - VIN, etc that may tie it to your car specifically.

They then send you back a larger file to upload to the tool and then onto the ECU.

With all the issues in getting it to work on my car, I had to take multiple reads from my car to provide to the tuners, so it is a critical part of the tune process.

4 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Makes sense, i am chatting with the RR Racing guys currently, see what happens!

TTFS was the mob I used, RR Racing while more responsive, didn't have a solution for Aus ISF's yet that didn't involve sending my ECU to them in the USA