I am up for new tyres soon on my IS250

1. FRONT 8" +45mm - I am going from 225/40R18 to 235/40R18 (I am suer this will be OK)

2. REAR 8.5" +50mm - I am going from 245/40R18 to 255/40R18

The new models run 255/35R18 on the rears, do you think this will make much difference? I am also after some serious rim protection as well!

Lexus 18%22 Alloy.jpg

I'm running the same sizes, Rears will fit without any issue. The front will rub on both side on the inner guard liners cabin side. There is a small hump that the tyre will rub on under light braking with the steering wheel in any position but straight. You can either wait for it to rub through or do what I did and get a heat gun, heat up the plastic and the push the offending bit of guard liner in, since doing this mine don't rub at all

• Like 1

I am also due for new tyres on my '09 IS250 SL.

Tyre Sizes:

• Front - 225/45/R17
  • Rear - 245/45/R17

Anyone have any recommendations with all the Buy 3 get the 4th one free promotions currently happening. Was quoted under $550 for Bridgestone RE003's or Yokohama BlueEarth AE50.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:45 AM, rickylexus250 said:

Looks too good, but will they match the staggered combination in the offer?

Yes. The 4th free tyre will be the cheaper one, being the 225/45/R17 (the smaller tyre).

Yeah I'm also quite confident that's a good price. I just hope I can still get that price.

I moved up to  235/40R18 on my fronts without any issues on stock F-Sport rims (8") using Bridgestone RE003s. Only comment is the tyre sits flush with the rim so very little rim protection.

My Kuhmo 225/40/R18 sit flush with the rim as well and I am hoping that 235/40/R18 may be slightly better, apparently Pirelli P1 235 have a better rim protection but don't have a 255 for the rear. (I think is is something to do with the Lexus rims)

1 hour ago, Cobester said:

I moved up to  235/40R18 on my fronts without any issues on stock F-Sport rims (8") using Bridgestone RE003s. Only comment is the tyre sits flush with the rim so very little rim protection.

I too need to replace my front tyres.So no rubbing with 235/40/18?Even on full lock?225/40/18 seems to offer next to no rim protection so hoping 235 will offer bit more rim protection as i've already kerbed one of the rims a bit.

3 hours ago, Tony1234 said:

I too need to replace my front tyres.So no rubbing with 235/40/18?Even on full lock?225/40/18 seems to offer next to no rim protection so hoping 235 will offer bit more rim protection as i've already kerbed one of the rims a bit.

Driven on them for 4,000 kms and can't say I've experienced any rubbing, even on full lock. The RE003s don't offer much protection, don't know about other makes/models. Main reason I went up to 235 was availability and price. 225 size was hard to get stock at the time.