isf engine issues

2bling

Hello has anyone had any engine (or running gear) issues as in water pumps,tappet noise, if so how hard are these motor to work on cheers.

82,000 km on my ISF and still running perfectly, only ever had the factory service at the required intervals. There are most members on here with the same result, who also track their cars pretty hard.

Tough engines, and tough running gear..

On 17 April 2016 at 0:22 PM, 2bling said:

Hello has anyone had any engine (or running gear) issues as in water pumps,tappet noise, if so how hard are these motor to work on cheers.

I don't even hear much going wrong with 20yo+ LS400's let alone late model 5L Lexus drive-train. I read that Toyotas in general are under stressed in respect of duty cycles and loads on components - fuel injectors, pumps etc. compared to some other brands. Hence why old Toyotas around the world keep on trucking.

Lexus no doubt take that to another level to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.

My first 08 F had over 110.000km on the clock, tracked it regularly with no issues except one which was a mystery. On the track in third-fourth gear the RPM would not go above 5400 it felt like it ran out of puff completely over that RPM range, it happened about 3-4 times on a certain track day then it was gone, got Lexus to check it out they have found no trace of any issues, just thought I'd mention that, I am pretty sure something was overheating as that was the day I raced and beat a 430KW HSV:), I still have it on video somewhere. Apart from that despite the heavy beating the car received it was bullet proof. Lexus mentioned the water pump was needed to be replaced at some stage as it showed some signs of fatigue but that was a minor issue.

On 25/04/2016 at 1:51 PM, ISFBloke said:

My first 08 F had over 110.000km on the clock, tracked it regularly with no issues except one which was a mystery. On the track in third-fourth gear the RPM would not go above 5400 it felt like it ran out of puff completely over that RPM range, it happened about 3-4 times on a certain track day then it was gone, got Lexus to check it out they have found no trace of any issues, just thought I'd mention that, I am pretty sure something was overheating as that was the day I raced and beat a 430KW HSV:), I still have it on video somewhere. Apart from that despite the heavy beating the car received it was bullet proof. Lexus mentioned the water pump was needed to be replaced at some stage as it showed some signs of fatigue but that was a minor issue.

Find that video!!!

Here, that particular scene starts at around 11min:
I should point out this was a stock car apart from the intake and Borla axle back which should add no noticeable power increase, the car had the first gen electronic diff, the only notable upgrades were the KW coilovers. I sure destroyed a set of Cup+ tires that day:)

Oh my god so much fun.. That looked like a BLAST!!

I just dont know how im going to fit in the car on a track day with the helmet on. My head scrapes the roof without the helmet, and short of putting a racing seat in there is no fix..

Thanks for the footage, much appreciated!

Great vid.  Good to see you getting the most out of the car.  Actually surprised how well the GTS handles given its also RWD but such a bigger and heavy car.  I thought he may have tried to reel you in on that last straight with that straight line grunt lol