19s or 20s on the ISF

BCHLER

Hi guys, 

Im in the process of buying new wheels - ive settled on the style - Vlegen VMB5 

now i need to decide on 19s or 20s. 

I think the if im getting afternarket i want them to look 'bigger'/different. ive put images of each on an ISF below. Grey car has 19s - black has 20s and i think fills the guards heaps better. 

Im doing this for appearance, not concerned about loss of performance on the street - ill still have the stocks for track days. 

appreciate any feedback especially from those that may have had 20s on their car

1-Lexus ISF on Velgen Wheels 19s

Lexus ISF // VW – S5 // Matte Gunmetal

34 minutes ago, ilv1004s said:

20s are good for isf

danny - what rubber do think i should run. looking not to touch fenders,,, but it i have to a slight roll in the back . 

My thoughts were

Front - 20x9 (+35) 245/35/20

Rear - 20x10.5 (+45) 275/35/20 or 275/30/20

Wanting to maintain as much daily comfort as possible

Definitely 20`s are the go. Based on what i just looked at, now with original tyre sizes on your beast, as follows, 

225.40.19 now go to 235.35.20, 

255.35.19 now go to 275.30.20.

In Qld you can only go a 15mm under or 15mm over the overall tyre diameter.

Any more and the speedo will be out. You will see the 20`s ( that i have listed above ) are about 13mm taller & will fill the gaurds nicely.

Check out the link below & feed the sizes into the charts and see how you go. Hope this helps.

http://www.etyrestore.com.au/tyre_calculator.php

Even at stock height the rears will scrub slightly, i have the same specs on the rear of mine and it scrubbed at stock height, i had to roll guards once i lowered it.

It will be very high with 20s haha

20151003_173820.jpg

20160227_142010.jpg

Thanks for the detailed info Peterkay! I'll definetly use that template.

Aiden -

i think I'll have to lower them regardless.

What did you lower your car on? Comfort level difference from stock?

are those photos in your post pre- or post lowering? Thanks 

Its lowered on fortune auto coilovers with 14/10 rate springs, to me its softer than factory.

The 1st picture is post lowered and the 2nd is when it was lowered

38 minutes ago, Aiden F said:

Its lowered on fortune auto coilovers with 14/10 rate springs, to me its softer than factory.

The 1st picture is post lowered and the 2nd is when it was lowered

You men 1st post is PRE lowered yeah?

what spec tyres you running?

was it really THaT high on the 20s at stock height?! Making me think I should stick with 19s then

Yeah, 1st pic is not lowered (my bad haha) im running 245/30 and 275/30

Its not super high but it will be a tad higher, i did'nt like it so i lowered it haha

• 3 weeks later...

I have 19's & honesty think they look plenty big enough considering the size of the ISF body. I have stock sized 255/35 rear tyres & lower profile but wider 235/35 fronts. Didn't like how 40 profiles looked up front.

DSC_1057.jpg

It depends on the style of the wheel. I admit, the longer spokes on the rims you're after, do look better in 20 than 19. But the pic of the 19's has 40 profile rubber from the looks of it, which diminishes their affect somewhat. I do recommend lowering either way. I have coilovers but didn't lower a huge amount & can still go up my nasty driveway without damaging my CF Toms lip.

DSC_0071.jpg

I'm going to go with 19s - turns out that red ISF in their site that they claim is running 20s actually has 19s. With tein Spring drop it looks mint- will run 245/35 at front and 275/35 rear 

On 7/9/2016 at 9:02 AM, BCHLER said:

I'm going to go with 19s - turns out that red ISF in their site that they claim is running 20s actually has 19s. With tein Spring drop it looks mint- will run 245/35 at front and 275/35 rear 

Good to hear. I'd go with Swift springs instead of Tein.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25 July 2016 at 9:17 AM, BlackLexus said:

I prefer the look of 20's, but at least with 19's you can reuse your existing tyres.

can't re-use - wheels are 9 in front and 10.5 rear

In that case i would definitely go 20's!

20's were in my bucket list, but i sold the car before i had the opportunity to fit them. They look far more balanced in my opinion.

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Hope you don't mind me posting here but it looked like a good place to ask. I'm looking at a set of Work Emotion CR K ultimates in the following size - 

19 X 8.5 - +35
19 X 9.5 - +38

i don't want to have to modify any fenders or inner guards - will these offsets give me rubbing issues. The car is running KW V3s also? Was going to fit the current tyres, Mich PSS 245f and 275r on them as they have heaps of tread left.  

Thanks in advance.

Jamie 

• 3 months later...

Below are the wheels I'm looking at . Would they Fit with a 35 offset all round

want to get 19x8.5 front 235/35/19

want to get 19x 9.5 back 265/35/19

guards are rolled and swift springs installed . Cheers in advance 

IMG_0918.PNG

8 minutes ago, ilv1004s said:

+35 offset will be good mate u can go abit more agressive actually
i got 9 +32 and 10 + 40 in the back 245/ 275 combo

Thanks mate for that just want no issues with scrubbing tyres. 35 offset is there standard of these wheels 

On 08/05/2017 at 5:04 PM, OzzyISF said:

Below are the wheels I'm looking at . Would they Fit with a 35 offset all round

want to get 19x8.5 front 235/35/19

want to get 19x 9.5 back 265/35/19

guards are rolled and swift springs installed . Cheers in advance 

IMG_0918.PNG

I got the exact same wheels in these specs:

20X9 +40 245/35

20X10 +45 275/30

Fronts I could have actually gone a bit more aggressive and it would still be fine. I suggest maybe +35 if you want it to be a bit more flush but +40 to play it safe (+40 actually looks fairly good already). Rears are at the VERY LIMIT without any fender modifications and is PERFECT fitment with ZERO rubbing whatsoever even when hitting dips at high speed. I now have a bit more clearance even, after a new alignment.

Only very slight rubbing I have is the front when reversing on a non flat surface when the wheel is turned to the right, but if I reverse slowly it won't rub either. But that is also due to my setup being 20's so you should be safe with 19's.

7 hours ago, revolution said:

I got the exact same wheels in these specs:

20X9 +40 245/35

20X10 +45 275/30

Fronts I could have actually gone a bit more aggressive and it would still be fine. I suggest maybe +35 if you want it to be a bit more flush but +40 to play it safe (+40 actually looks fairly good already). Rears are at the VERY LIMIT without any fender modifications and is PERFECT fitment with ZERO rubbing whatsoever even when hitting dips at high speed. I now have a bit more clearance even, after a new alignment.

Only very slight rubbing I have is the front when reversing on a non flat surface when the wheel is turned to the right, but if I reverse slowly it won't rub either. But that is also due to my setup being 20's so you should be safe with 19's.

Thanks for that mate . Nice car you have there looks the goods . 

So this happened today , went for a look and drove out on these . XXR527 Matt black . Front and rear 38 offset .19x8.75 front vredestein fronts 225/40/19 19x9.75 rear . Ado8 Yokohama rears 265/35/19

IMG_0934.JPG