I'm shopping for tyres for my 350F as the dealer supplied tyres were Nankang noble sports and they are rubbish. They're not allowed to sell with a used tyre, so cheap china is the usual practice as they have to make money somewhere anyway.

Can't decide between either:

- Pirelli P Zero

- Bridgestone R003

- Yokohama AD08R

- Michelin Pilot Super Sports

I'm thinking going the AD08R as they're just an amazing tyre, irrespective of whether tracked or not...but wanted to know what the r003s or the PSS were like.

The T-mart been advising to stay away from P-Zero ...according to them, its an old tyre and wears quickly after the initial wear in (truth as that is really a typical Pirelli characteristic)

I don't think anything compares to the AD08Rs though... also not many options out there with the 255/40 rears.

Thoughts?

These Nankangs are super scary as soon as its wet and they don't track well on the motorways. Dry is only just ok like any other base grade tyre.

Ok so, so far I have obviously used the stock potenzas, tried p zero's and also conti contact 5s and have just been dissapointed to be honest - always get fricking swayed from the PSS in the last minute and end up regretting it :(

Heard good things re AD08R but I just always read such great feedback for PSS so that will be my next choice.

how do they stack up price wise? AD vs PSS?

I wish I had more grip also!

:(

AD08R as in the yokohama semis?
there is a saying once you go semis u never go back

i run Nitto NT05s semis

whole set of 19"s 245/275 combo cost me under 1K

• Like 1

Price wise - Yokohama is having a Buy 3 get 1 free deal beginning 1st of July (hush hush don't tell anyone haha), so right now they are a winner...AD08Rs are usually very expensive so grab them while you can...its the only time you won't have to fork out the big bucks for them.

I ended up ordering the Yokos as the PSS are not even close to the Yokos after some research. (they melt at the track and after being heat cycled, but ok for the street driver, treadwear rating of 300...I'd go P Zeros even anyday before PSS)

I've used the Yokos on my Subaru STi and there is nothing else that is quite like it, except R-Comp tyres of course. They daily fine and you can wear them down to the belt and they'll still grip, you get 40000km on them easily street driving with a couple of track days a year. Some have had 60,000km down to the belt and still grips like mad wet or dry.

Once you go semis you never go back, then once you go AD08Rs you never go anything else ;)

The yokos would usually be around 450-500 a tyre on the rear but right now I'm getting all 4 for 1k...

I can let you guys know which bobjane to go to for the good prices, after calling a few, it was clear that some rip you off and some actually work on smaller margins/more turnover :), pm me, not sure if I'm allowed to post which one to go to on here :-/ ...forum noob

Vaku, did you try the top of the range P Zero's or the P Zero Rosso/Nero

ad08r is good if you r ok with the price

PPS wont go wrong for daily use as we normally dont track our is250/350, I got it with 900 with promotion at 18x8 40 225

That's true... PSS is around 400 a corner for the 255/18s on the 350Fs though....900 for all 4s 225 is a pretty good score mate.

personal choice for me though I'd still rather have the better tyre anyway as it is just another level of performance like ILV mentioned above :)

PSS is a very good tyre - Compared to Bridgestone, P Zero, Dunlop Maxx. Lower road noise and good grip.

Can't comment on that specific model of yoko as I've only had the Blue Earth eco tyre on my other car - that was a good tyre as well. 

Shoes fitted....AD08R semi slick goodness. Immediately changed the handling/feel of the car with ridiculous amounts of grip and response, these are by far the best performance tyres money can buy imo.

:)

20160702_134111.jpg

20160702_134115.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just got some new fronts put on this morning: dunlop sp sports maxx 225/40/r18 $190 each fittd

will be looking to get the rears done shortly, tossing up between semi's (expensive) or might just go with sports maxx on the rears. depends on how much i can get them for

majority of the time i just in traffic commuting to work so yeh haha

21 hours ago, water said:

just got some new fronts put on this morning: dunlop sp sports maxx 225/40/r18 $190 each fittd

will be looking to get the rears done shortly, tossing up between semi's (expensive) or might just go with sports maxx on the rears. depends on how much i can get them for

majority of the time i just in traffic commuting to work so yeh haha

I'm due for front tyres same size as yours water.$190 seems like a good deal,what are the Sport Maxx like?

On 17/07/2016 at 9:44 AM, Tony1234 said:

I'm due for front tyres same size as yours water.$190 seems like a good deal,what are the Sport Maxx like?

Sport Maxx is no good. Once the enter mid life, very noisy and a bit grumbly in corners.

if you're not looking for premium pricing of the Michelin PSS, i'd recommend the Continentals. Bridgestone Adrenalins are also good, but for the price the PSS is much better.

thanks for all the feedback guys. ive run kumho ku36's in the past, might also consider them for when i need to replace the rears, had them on a modified twin turbo supra and they put the power down very nicely :)