Ive seen a lot of debates around this but everyone seem to have a different answer. 

Does anyone know if I can get a Lexus SMART Card Key (Key size of a creditcard) for my is250 2008? IN AUSTRALIA!

Thanks!

E

When I purchased my 2008 IS250X from a dealer I was told it came with the credit card sized smart key however when I went to pick the car up I was told that was a mistake, Apparently there was a model change mid 2008. The later 2008 models came with the card, the earlier 2008's (like mine) did not. The dealer compensated me for their error so I was happy.

I'm pretty sure the card can work the same way as your key fob immobiliser.

Have the dealership program a new card key for your car and it should work.

Don't quote me because I'm not 100% sure.

I can tell you for sure that repogramming a new key is going to cost alot of money.

Thanks for the reply guys, I know sewell use to sell these card keys but they are out of business now. Does any one know where I can buy the card key? 

I've lost a Fob key and if it is going to cost me $500 for a replacement I would rather get a card key reprogrammed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys dose anyone know if the second hand keys out of Ebay USA are ok, I got quoted $600 from dealer in Dubbo seems a lot for a back up fob.

• 2 weeks later...