Hey guys, I haven't been active on here for a while now ever since I bought my E92 335i. So long story short, I had a IS250 on my p's for 4 years, bought a E92 335 2.5 years ago and since then I have FBO'd it and running 20% E85 putting down around 300rwkw. But it's been very problematic and I'm sick of barely driving it because it's always in the shop fixing something. Lesson learnt. 

Now I'm looking to get back into a Lexus as a daily because in the 4 years I owned my IS250 I never had a problem with it, and most I'd do is the basics like exhaust, intake, coils/springs and wheels. 

Question is which one? 2013+ IS350 F sport, 2015 RC350 F sport, 2013 GS350 f sport or a 2011+ ISF. 

hesitant on the ISF since it's the same interior/style as my old IS250 and this is going to be my daily. things I was considering are that the updated IS will be coming out soon, same for the GS. So right now I'm leaning towards a RC350 F sport. 

Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Hey K2sty, 

I was actually heading in the opposite direction - I was looking to upgrade to a 335i because I wanted to try something new. Would you consider the new F30 335i? Apparently the new N55's are a lot more reliable than what they were? or would you suggest I stay with Lexus?

Hi mate, i had a similar dilemma this year when our 09 IS250 was written off.  After test driving the RC350F, IS350, and ISF.  I ended up going the ISF, whilst the layout of the interior is the same as my old IS250, the red leather seats, carbon bits, and that amazing cluster truly makes it something special.  It was miles ahead on the RC350/IS350 in driving pleasure, and that sound.  Being a daily it's a bit thirsty but not as thirsty as my old RX350 in city traffic, and to be honest it's 100% worth it.  If you haven't taken one for a test drive I suggest you do so.

I had the IS250 which was problem free for 4 years as my first car on my Ps as well, then was looking at upgrading.

Went to Lexus and test drove multiple cars, ISF followed by an IS350FS and RC350FS.

After driving the F, I just couldn't be satisfied with the 350 engine no matter how I tried to. 

Granted the interior was nicer on the newer cars, the engine, exhaust note and everything about the F just made it a league ahead of the other 2.

The only issue I have with the F are the squeaky brakes which annoy me to no tomorrow and I get almost 600kms out of a full tank of the 250 but only about 350kms in the ISF. 

On 26 June 2016 at 8:12 PM, I CU2 said:

Hey K2sty, 

I was actually heading in the opposite direction - I was looking to upgrade to a 335i because I wanted to try something new. Would you consider the new F30 335i? Apparently the new N55's are a lot more reliable than what they were? or would you suggest I stay with Lexus?

If you're looking to get big power then go with the N54 cars. N55's aren't as "tuneable" as the N54. If I was to go back to BMW or Mercedes it would only be for a M3/4 or something from AMG and if I already had a nice daily.

If I could go back 2.5 years I'd have picked up a IS-F for sure, even though the only ones in my budget back then were the early 08/09 ones, I'd have still gone with a ISF.

what I learnt from it was that turbo cars are fun but if I'm going to mod my next turbo car, I'd buy something like a S15, 180 or even a R32 GTR as my second car. This is what I'm planning to do, get a RC350/GS350/ISF, and in a year or 2 get S15 or whatever. This is also kind of the reason I don't think I'll need a ISF, once I pick up a S15 I'll be able to play around with it and not have to worry since I'll have a RC/GS as a daily. 

I had a IS200 then IS300 then IS250 and was waiting for the IS350 to come out, but end up buying a brand new E92 335i M-SPORT after my IS250 was giving me a lot of trouble.

And to be honest I never looked back after owning the 335 since 2008 nothing has gone wrong, yes it is tuned to 400bhp and bespoke suspension but the difference in driving feel is incredible, I just replaced my rear discs and pads after 70000kls compared to every 20000kls on the Lexus same as my sisters RX350.

Maybe I will go back after I retire and get something, how knows.