Hi people I'm new to the Lexus world and loving it I would like to say thanks to the one's that take the time to figure out tricks and mods I like to fiddle, my 1st problem,

2008 IS250x only got her last week and battery died, but since I replaced it when approaching the car the mirror down lights would come on but they don't now any idea's

Thanks in advance

Zuk

I'd check your fuses, could have blown while changing battery.

First check if the lights work by unlocking your car.

If they still do not work, check the dome fuse located under the bonnet on the right side (should be labelled dome on the lid).

If it's blown then change it and check again.

If unlocking the car does not light puddles I'd consider replacing the key battery as the proximity sensor may not be working properly if the battery is low.

I think it's a blown fuse so try checking that first.

Does the interior light work,if it doesn't should be a fuse,check the instrument brightness dial for settings, when you find the problem let people know. 

1st thanks for reply's guys, but I think I stuffed up I noticed last night that the interior light was switched off door setting and reading the book it looks like that stops the mirror lights working I will check it tonight

Thanks again

Zuk   

On 21/07/2016 at 10:43 AM, Zukzuk said:

1st thanks for reply's guys, but I think I stuffed up I noticed last night that the interior light was switched off door setting and reading the book it looks like that stops the mirror lights working I will check it tonight

Thanks again

Zuk   

Mine works regardless of the interior light, interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/07/2016 at 10:03 AM, Zukzuk said:

That is interesting, OK next question are the accelerator control units worth buying to speed up response (Ebay Aust made $189.00)

I too would like to know if this is worthwhile doing

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I didn't get a reply so checked out as much as I could and by the reply's I got on another forum they are very worthwhile so I have ordered one and I will let you know when I fit it. 

On 7/27/2016 at 10:03 AM, Zukzuk said:

That is interesting, OK next question are the accelerator control units worth buying to speed up response (Ebay Aust made $189.00)

you do know that all your getting for your $189 is changed throttle percentages?

as in, currently you press the throttle 50%, your $189 kit will move this to around 25%

its just a perception mod, all you need to do is press the throttle more

but i do admit i have a 2011 model, and havent driven an 08, so it could have a 'laggy' throttle feel...

Hi Water and thanks for your reply, Yes I know what I'm buying the lag on the 250 is bad at low RPM, when your up it and driving hard not so bad, but the delay when you just want to jump around someone is terrible I'm hoping this will help.

Zuk

OK people I fitted the Throttle control Ebay 169.00 had it in two days very simple to fit and works great the car is so much better to drive all the lag is gone and the unit lets you set the way you like, it worth the money (E drive) the car feels like it has more toque I know it doesn't it just reacts better like gearing down a bike ( dropping a tooth of the front sprocket)   

E Drive.JPG